Chapter 37

Khushi

Lucknow

"I think we should take the contract back!" I suggested before I looked at Suraj, who sat beside me on the steps of the house while looking at the pond.

"You do?" He looked at me.

I nodded before looking at the foggy morning sky and saying, "He's not an easy person to work with. And I also lose my mind sometimes and do things I'm not supposed to do as the owner of a business."

I heard him chuckle before I looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked before I turned in my seat and leaned my back against the wooden pillar to look at him completely.

He shook his head before looking at me and saying, "That's not a reason enough to break the contract. One of the companies has to break a clause mentioned in the contract for the deal to be dissolved. You know this! You made the contract with the lawyer."

I sighed before I rested the back of my head on the wooden pillar.

"I know, but the atmosphere there is so different from ours!" I straightened up and looked at him. "If anything happens, he'll call the employees in his cabin like we used to be called in the principal office at school. And the worst part is that I have to see him every single day. I mean, if we are having a meeting among the designers, then suddenly he'll appear, and sometimes he will also join the meetings."

"Well, you know the reason for that very well, I'm sure!" Suraj replied with a small smile as he also turned to face me. I do?

My brows scrunched up before I asked, "What reason?"

He sighed and shook his head as he looked away.

"No, tell me. What reason?" I urged. "Suraj!"

"He has feelings for you! That's why."

"Suraj, that's..." I licked my lips. "Wo sat saal purani baat hai!"

He laughed quietly before looking at me and shaking his head.

"I saw the way Arnav looked at you. He..."

"Don't finish that!" I shook my head as I looked down at my hand and poked at the scar on my ring finger.

"Khushi, you know he does! There's no point in avoiding that fact." He paused. "Aaj nahi toh kal, he will make a move. He will try."

I bit my lips and scratched my finger on my left hand so hard that blood started coming out of that scar.

"Don't do that!"

I looked up at him, and he just shook his head before looking down at my hands on my lap.

"How much was the penalty?" I asked and twisted my mouth to the side.

Suraj laughed before saying, "You know I didn't read the contract. And you made the terms. You tell me!"

"65 lakhs!" Jiji answered.