Chapter 40

Akash

The lobby was silent for a few seconds after Khushi and Mr. Agarwal left hand in hand. But not for long, as Di broke the silence, saying,

"What is happening here? Why was Khushi here? And why did they leave together like that?"

"Khushi was here because she's the owner of SK Jewelleries, and they left together because they're getting married." Payal answered Di, then turned to me. "Now, can we get over with the meeting?"

I looked at her as she looked at me with a deep frown between her brows.

"Yes." I stepped aside to make a way, then motioned to the hallway that was formerly behind me. "This way, please!"

"Then lead it!" She said.

I looked at her in question.

She sighed as she slightly shook her head before saying, "Actually, forget it." She pulled a file and a pen out of her bag, then looked at me. "On behalf of SK Jewelleries, I have a few very small questions for AR to answer. Was the collaboration signing contract read by AR thoroughly?"

"Yes!" I answered, and she checked something on the paper inside the file with the pen, then again looked at me as Di stared at us with slightly raised brows and confusion.

"Is AR aware of the monetary damages that are mentioned in the contract under clauses D-4 and E-7?"

"Yes. But why?" I asked as my brows started knitting in confusion as she again checked something.

"Is AR aware of the amount of the monetary damages that are to be paid if the contract is broken before the expiration date of the project?"

"Yes, we are! But what is the..." I nodded.

Check!

"Does AR have any issues with the amount of monetary damage being 65 lakh rupees only for the breakage of the contract and with the additional compensation amount being 10 lakh rupees only if the aforementioned damage amount is not paid within 120 days from the contract breakage date?"

"No, we do not have any issues!" I assured. "Can you now tell me what..."

"Thank you very much for your time and cooperation!" Payal cut in as she closed her file and pen, then gave a quick nod before leaving.

BELATED NEW YEAR'S EVE MIDNIGHT SNACK MENU:

STARTERS: I want this to be the second last chapter before the epilogues I and II.

MAIN COURSE: If you are satisfied with this like me, then gift a comment: 'Potato'; if left unsatisfied, then throw a comment: 'Tomato'.

ONLY FOR THE POTATOES:

DESSERT: Choose any two characters for epilogues I and II.

ONLY FOR THE TOMATOES:

NO DESSERT!