Chapter 17

Ayda felt like she was suffocating. The family doctor was checking up on her every hour and she had to drink terrible tasting tea before going to sleep. She was expected to sleep for 10 hours every night and have a little siesta after eating. When she wasn't expected to seep, she had to lay in her bed and rest. All she could do was read but that had to be done in bed as well. She would have loved staying in bed the whole day usually, but that was without counting on being watched every second of the day.

She felt like a toddler having all the maids making sure that she stayed in bed and slept properly. If she dared stay awake, the doctor would come back to check on her and soon after Nifsara would follow. Seeing Nifsara worried annoyed Ayda. Why would she care about her? Ayda had been nothing but rude to her for days. She didn't thank her once, rolled her eyes when she walked in and seeing that nothing was working, she even threw her pillow at her in a fit of rage.

Despite all that, Nifsara still continued smiling and asking Ayda about her health. The nicer Nifsara was, the angrier Ayda got. Ayda didn't have exhaustion problems to begin with but after a few days at Nifsara's mansion, she really felt sick. She started drinking the tea because she really needed it and started sleeping more and more. The doctor thought that it was a good sign and said that Ayda was finally healing.

Thanks to Ayda "healing" the doctor allowed her to spend more than an hour alone but she still was being watched continuously. She really needed a break from all the stares and she took advantage of her moments of peace to rush to her window. She just couldn't take her room anymore and seeing the same four walls all day long was making her skin crawl.

Ayda opened the window and looked down. Her room was on the third floor and there were no trees to climb onto around her. She had no idea how high she was but she was sure that she was very high. Ayda was way too lazy to walk down the stairs therefore she decided to just jump down. She wouldn't die anyway and in a second she would finally be free. Ayda missed all her walks in nature and she didn't hesitate before jumping out the window.

She didn't know if she did scream or not. She did hear someone scream before not hearing anything anymore. After a few seconds, her limbs started popping back in place and Ayda stretched her back before standing up.

"That hurt way less than I thought."

She looked down at her ruined clothes and shrugged before rushing back to nature. There was a little gathering of trees behind her room and Ayda finally felt like she was recharging. She hadn't felt that god in days and she just sat down under a tree before closing her eyes.

Ayda wasn't a very social person to begin with and being surrounded by people all day long was too much for her. She really needed some silence and she felt her muscles relax. She didn't realize how tense she really had been before then and her eyelids started feeling heavy. She started nodding and slowly drifted to sleep.

She had no idea how long she had spent there but when she woke up there was a shadow over her. Ayda wasn't even surprised to see Nifsara at that point but it didn't mean it made her happy. Ayda didn't even hold back and rolled her eyes:

"Why you again? Do you have to show up all the time? What are you? A stalker?"

Ayda sighed. She really couldn't have a second of peace. Getting mad would have been worth it if that made Nifsara angry but she just crouched down in front of Ayda:

"You shouldn't sleep outside. It's really cold."

Ayda noticed that she wasn't cold at all and looked down. What she saw there was Nifsara's coat. That made Ayda even more angry. She took the coat off and threw it at Nifsara. The latter didn't even dodge and just looked at the coat on the ground before looking back at Ayda.