Chapter 25

Both of them were surprised by what Ayda said. Wanting to make sure that Nifsara had heard her, Ayda repeated:

"You are sexy with a sword."

Seeing Nifsara raise a hand to cover her mouth made Ayda ecstatic. She was on the right path! It seemed Nifsara felt completely disgusted hearing Ayda talk about being attracted to her.

"I love watching you train."

What was sexier than a strong woman after all? Seeing how strong Nifsara was, Ayda had no doubt that she would be able to kill her someday and that made her feel amazing. She just couldn't wait.

Ayda wanted to insist on it more but the next second Nifsara turned away. She excused herself and immediately disappeared. Ayda was a bit disappointed that she couldn't continue playing with Nifsara's feelings but now that she had found the right approach, she felt mostly relieved. All she had to do was continue with the obsessed and in love act and she would soon be dead.

Having no second to lose, she rushed to the library and started rummaging through the shelves. She looked so excited that the maids that passed in front of the door couldn't help stopping in their tracks. They stared at Ayda for a few seconds before coming in:

"Lady Maganti? May we help you with something?

-I am looking for romance novels."

The maids seemed taken aback:

"Romance novels?"

They exchanged a shrug:

"I am sorry, Lady Maganti but Commander Brack has no love for romance. I am afraid that you won't find such books in this mansion.

-Not even one?"

They all shook their heads. They looked so convinced that Ayda sighed. She had no idea how to act as someone in love. She needed inspiration fast. Nifsara couldn't figure out the truth.

"Then where can I find any? I really need to read about romance.

-If you wish to read something, there are a lot of other genres that we could recommend."

Ayda shook her head:

"It really needs to be romance. I need to make Nifsara understand my feelings.

-Oh my!"

The maids immediately lit up. They suddenly seemed more set on finding romance books than Ayda herself. One of the maids rushed out and came back with five more maids to help them. As feared by the maids, they couldn't find a single romance book in the whole mansion. It took them hours to look through the thousands of books spread between the five different libraries in the mansion and as time went by they looked more and more defeated.

Seeing Ayda's face at the last book of the shelf, the maids panicked:

"Don't worry, Lady Maganti. You shouldn't lose hope yet. We still have the servants' rooms!"

Seeing Ayda's eyes lit up made the maids relax. They gave up on Nifsara's books and Ayda followed them to the servant's wing. It seemed the maids were way bigger fans of romance than Nifsara. In a matter of seconds, Ayda found herself with five piles of books. It hadn't been easy but she was finally there and she couldn't say that she was happy about it. Looking at the covers, Ayda felt that she would hate each and every one of them.

But seeing how excited the maids were, Ayda didn't dare say any of that out loud and smiled, gratefully:

"Thank you so much for your help. I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without your help."