Chapter 18

Ayda immediately ran away and refused to wait a second before putting her new plan into motion. She knew perfectly where Nifsara would be by then. There was only one place she would be really because it seemed she spent her entire day training. Just as planned, she ran into Nifsara on the training grounds and the latter bowed:

"How are you doing today, Lady Ayda? Did you need something?"

Ayda grabbed Nifsara's arm which seemed to surprise the latter. She didn't move however and continued looking at Ayda, waiting to see what would happen.

"I am feeling way better! Thank you so much, it is all thanks to you! I am so grateful!"

Nifsara blinked a few times and Ayda remembered that she also had to be slow. That would be the hardest part for her. It would have been way easier if Nifsara had hated fast people. She wouldn't have had to pretend at all.

Nifsara suddenly smiled gently:

"I am glad to hear that."

Ayda thought about what to say next to sound as clingy as possible:

"What are you doing today?

-I usually train around now."

She started hesitating:

"I... Hum... I was wondering if it's okay with you of course. Because I don't want to bother you but... What I mean is I wouldn't want to impose myself of course. You can tell me no, that's fine. Totally."

Even Ayda didn't remember what she wanted to say at that point and she needed a second to remember.

"Can I come with you?"

Ayda was sure that Nifsara would say no. If she hated people following her, then she probably would soon be starting to get annoyed. However against all odds, she just nodded:

"I would be honored."

It was Ayda's turn to be completely lost:

"What? I mean... That's very nice of you. But are you sure? I wouldn't want to bother you... I don't have anything to do on a training ground. I will just look at you while you train."

Please say no. Ayda didn't care at all about sparring. She couldn't imagine anything more boring than having to sit there and look at people moving sticks around.

"You never bother me, Ayda."

Ayda thought she would cry but she forced herself to smile. Or maybe she was grimacing. Who knew at that point? She couldn't feel her face muscles anymore.

"Thank you so much..."

Nifsara escorted Ayda to a chair and she had to sit there for the following three hours. At the end she couldn't feel her legs anymore and she promised herself never to ask Nifsara to watch her train anymore. She almost fell asleep three times but it was way too loud for that. Nifsara would come up to Ayda to check up on her and when she wasn't there, she would send other knights to keep her company.

Ayda therefore couldn't stop pretending for a second and she had to stare at Nifsara, pretending to be amazed by how strong she was. Despite how bored she was, Ayda did suddenly straighten up seeing Nifsara cut through a literal tree with her sword in one swing. Ayda didn't even notice that she opened her mouth and only realized when she felt drool touching her knee. She immediately flinched and tried to get back into her head but Nifsara was quicker.

It was exactly at that moment that she decided to look at Ayda and the latter was sure that she had seen her drooling. That turned her admiration into shame and she didn't like it. If that wasn't enough, Nifsara walked up to Ayda with a smile: