Chapter 21

Arora looked set on helping me move the gifts. I felt weird making a child work for me but neither Eulisses nor Arora let me lift anything.

"Arora... Are you sure that it's not too heavy for you? You can put it down. Eulisses and I will take care of it."

Arora shook her head and lifted a huge package as if nothing. I was taken aback for a second and wondered how strong that child was.

"Do you perhaps have powers?"

It must have been a lighter package but it didn't look light and she carried it without any difficulty. It was rather impressive. Even I struggled moving the packages. Not that I was the most in shape person in the mansion but still. At least I was an adult.

"The doctor said you should rest, dad.

-Sit down, Mister Sliske. We will take care of this.

-Sit down? Where?"

I looked around myself. I couldn't even move my body and just looked as far behind as my head could go. Seeing me puzzled, Arora put down what she was carrying before making me space on top of a package to sit. She then grabbed my hand and helped me to the new found chair as if I was a dying person.

"I'm okay. I won't die from walking around a bit. I'll help you."

Arora and Eulisses shot me murderous glares. I never saw a child look at me like that before. I was never very serene around children before and seeing one of them angry made me immediately sit down. I had seen a lot of horror movies. Children were more dangerous than we thought!

"I'll just stay here."

Arora immediately got her smile back which made me realize how pathetic I was to fear a literal child.

"Just leave it to us, dad. We will take care of these."

Therefore I just sat there, on a not so stable package, and watched Eulisses and Arora carry as many gifts out the room as their arms could carry. It seemed some knights took pity on the child because when they came back, three nights were following them. Eulisses looked rather grumpy but he accepted the help without complaint. It took them long minutes but they finally managed to get most of the presents into another room.

By the time I could move again, I grabbed Arora and forced her to stop:

"That's enough for today.

-But... There's still a lot of packages left.

-At least we can move around now. Why don't we open one of the packages?"

Arora's eyes started sparkling and I let her choose which package she wanted to open. Her only problem was choosing. There were so many she could choose from that she just rushed from one to the other. She shook all the packages before coming back to the first one:

"May we open this one?

-Of course."

I let Arora open the package and what we saw inside was a red fabric. None of us knew what it was at first but it hit me way before it hit Arora:

"Wait!"

I jumped on the package and being taken by my momentum, I completely fell over it. Arora immediately jumped up, worried and she rushed to me to help me stand up:

"Dad! Are you okay? What happened? Should I call the doctor? Do you feel sick?"

Seeing her panic, I quickly shook my head:

"I'm fine. I just lost my balance."

While Arora was focused on me, I quickly hid the lingerie behind my back. Eulisses understood what was going on and took the lingerie out of my hands before switching out the package with another one.