52. Double Date

RUHANI'S POV

Splashing some water over my face, I tried to wake my sleepy eyes up; which I got after talking to Jay on call yesterday for almost all night. After our little pizza date, he dropped me home but I couldn't stop myself from calling him again as soon as he left. Somewhere in my heart, I was scared that if I didn't talk to him, he would probably cry himself to sleep or overthink about his past. I shake my head while giggling as the sweets words he said last night came back to my mind.

Wiping my face with a face towel, I walked out of the washroom to get ready as per the demand of my dear bestfriend Srishti jii. As much as I wanted to spend my days with Jay before he leaves; I just couldn't say no to her when she almost begged me to come for a few hours. So here I was, getting ready to go to the place she asked me to come to.

"Red or white?"

I mumbled to myself looking over at the two kurtis I was holding. After a lot of confusion, I finally decided to go with the red one. Quickly applying my lip gloss, I smiled at the mirror and adjusted my hair before finally leaving.

(A few minutes later)

Mumbling a random melody under my lips, I looked around the area trying to find Srishti but she was nowhere to be seen on this busy street. I narrowed my eyes and placed my palm in front of my face as a barrier from the bright sun shining in the middle of the blue sky.

Suddenly I felt a shadow covering me from the harsh sunlight, I look to the side only to see Jay standing tall beside me blocking the sun rays to touch my skin.

"Well, hello gorgeous."

He greeted with a wide grin, I smiled back at him before speaking in a suprised tone.

"How come you are here?"

He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and placed a quick kiss on my forehead before answering.

"Oh Ravi called me-"

Before he could complete his sentence, my eyes widen in suprise as I place my plam over his chest causing him to stop his sentence midway. I smiled at the suprising situation before saying.

"And Srishti called me here."

"Really?"

He asked, in response to which I nodded my head as yes. We both looked here and there hoping to spot the duo who called us here. There is no way this is a random Coincidence. They must have planned something together.
Jay held my hand gently, intertwining our fingers together he said.

"Let me call him to ask where he is."

I nodded and Jay took out his phone before dialing Ravi bhaiya's number. I kept looking at crowded street hoping to see one of them. My wandering eyes came to a stop when I spotted the two of them standing outside a bookstore but what shocked me was their intertwined hands.

"Jay!!"

I called him out, who was still calling Ravi bhaiya again and again. Hearing my voice he looked at me and hummed; I nugded his waist by my elbow before gesturing him to look at the new couple standing outside the bookstore hand in hand. Jay's eyes also widen as he spot them together like this.

He was about to call them out from the crowd but I shushed him by hastily keeping my finger on his lips. He immediately paused due to that and looked at me with slight widened eyes. I let out a nervous smile before moving my finger away from his lips as I looked away in embarrassment. I hope nobody from the crowd saw that.