70. Bestfriend's wedding

Author's perspective

"Bhai kaha thi yaar tu?"

Whined the bride, as she sat adorned in the heavy red bridal attire looking like some royal queen. Ruhani pouted suddenly feeling emotional at the heart warming sight of her bestfriend dressed up as a bride. From playing wedding with their mom's sarees to seeing her becoming a real bride; they really grew up together.

Taking slow steps towards her bestfriend, Ruhani let out a shaky breath controlling her tears as she admired the beauty in front of her. Srishti let out a wide smile, feeling relieved after finally having her bestie by her side. Ruhani held the bride's jewellery adorned hands before speaking, sounding like a proud mother.

"You look stunning, I don't have words. My babyyyy...."

"I know. Thanks."

The bride replied softly in an almost choked voice trying to control her tears. Ruhani wasted no time in pulling her bestfriend into a warm hug while trying not to ruin her hairstyle. The two girls swayed left to right while holding onto one another feeling a rush of emotions.

"Baki sab to thik hai but tune apna kya haal bana rakha hain?"

Asker Srishti after they pulled away from the hug as she look the girl in front of her up and down; noticing how her beautiful outfit was dirty now. Ruhani let out an embarrassed laugh as she tried to brush off the dust but some of it was stuck in between the stones.

"Ankita, Take out that golden coloured lehanga."

Srishti asked her helper to take out the spare outfit she was carrying through out the whole wedding for any emergency, seems like this was the emergency they're gonna use it for. Ankita took out the beautiful embellished piece of skirt along with an elegant matching blouse.

After some emotional dramatic dialogues, Srishti finally managed to convince her bestfriend to change her outfit. Ruhani went inside the large restroom to change her clothes, the skirt fitted her perfectly making her waist look even more snatched. Twirling in front of the mirror, Ruhani let out a giggle liking how the it flew in the air while doing so.

With a bright smile Ruhani made her way out of the restroom. Her eyes widen when Sirshti whistled upon seeing her. Ruhani looked at her with a suprised look while the bride just gave her a flirty wink.

"Jay gotta be careful tonight."

Ruhani shook her head with a faint smile as she sat down in front of the mirror to touch up her makeup. Her shoulders moved in a random rhythm as she hummed while adjusting her mascara. Srishti let out a smile feeling grateful at the sight of her friend finally back to her usual cheerful self. Without realising, She said the words in her mind out loud.

"It feels good."

Ruhani closed the mascara bottle before placing it down as she turned her face backwards in Srishti's direction before asking.

"What?"

"Seeing you smiling like this."

On the other hand, Jay's eyes kept wandering on the long flower filled aisle made for the bride's entry as He waited for Rooh's arrival with anticipation. Though they have loved eachother since so long yet his stomach erupted in butterflies at the thought of her walking down the aisle beside the bride with that gorgeous smile of hers, the one which never fails to melt his heart.

Shaking his head, Jay tired to focus as he made his way to the stage to meet the groom aka his best buddy. Ravi stood up as he saw Jay walking up to him. Poor man had to control himself from beating the shit out of Jay for being late to his wedding, since everyone was looking at the stage only. Seeing him going towards the Groom; their other friends also followed Jay up to the stage.