57. Broken glass

RUHANI'S POV

"God please someone tell me, I didn't just make the dumbest decision?"

I repeated the same question to my tensed self for the 100th time as I found myself dialing his number since the last hour. After coming back home, I waited enough for him to eat and go back to his hotel, when he still didn't call me, I decided to give him a miss call as I didn't want to go to sleep before talking to him.

"Please pick up the call Jay.. "

I whispered on the phone but it again said that his phone was switched off. Letting out a big sigh, I sat down on the bed trying to not panic.
My mind kept thinking about the possible reasons, I didn't even want to imagine happening. What if he slept and his phone's battery died? Was the only sensible and normal situation I could think of.

But how do I shake off this bad feeling? My heart just didn't calm down no matter what I try to do. It was almost midnight but not a trace of sleep in my eyes. They just anxiously roamed around the whole room, I finally stood up and walked out to the balcony hoping that some fresh air would calm my nerves.

The night was beautiful full of stars with the moon shining bright in between but it looked sad, maybe because I was worried from inside. As my eyes admired the full moon, some of our sweetest memories came vivid in front of me. Stargazing in the garden, kissing and dancing under the moonlight right here in my balcony.

A smile made it's way on my face, this moon has been the most beautiful witness of our love story. My eyes get a little glossy due to the cold breeze blowing. Unknowingly, I joined my hands in front of the moon before whispering.

"Please keep my jay safe, he is my everything. You have seen our love flourish into the most precious feeling, now please preserve it with care."

Maybe, I sounded like the most stupid person right now, praying to the moon to keep my lover safe because he wasn't picking up my calls? Maybe yes I did but that's what love does to you. It makes you a whole different person, I am different from what I was before I met Jay.

The trail of my thoughts was disturbed when I heard a knock on my door followed by bhai's voice, asking if he could come in. I gulped and wiped my teary eyes before going to open the door for him. There he stood in his pajamas and a water bottle in his hands, which he passed to me.

"I thought you would be asleep by now, aren't you tired after your practical?"

I placed the bottle on the nightstand, before turning my head towards him as I replied in a low tone.

"I can't sleep."

"Why? Didn't you talk to Jay?"

He frowned and asked in a suprised tone. I looked down for a brief moment and let out a sigh before shaking my head as no and spoke.

"No, I mean I did talk to him but only for a few minutes, then I asked him to call me later."

Before I could complete my sentence, he spoke in the middle while snapping his finger.

"Let me guess! Now you are upset because he didn't call you back right?"

I looked away before nodding my head, feeling a little embarrassed for being worried over such a trival matter. To add on to my annoyance, bhai started laughing loudly while clapping his hand as if I just cracked the joke of the decade. I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

Seeing me getting mad; he bite his lips preventing him to laugh any more, placing a finger on his lips he somehow stopped himself from cracking up. Letting a deep sigh, he put his arm around my shoulder before speaking.