CHAPTER 17

"Are you a begger?"
"My Lady!" Sir Dalton ran towards me at once ,"are you fine? Are you hurt?"
"No Sir I'm totally fine." I said with an awkward smile.
"My Lady please come with us! We will help you to change your shoes," said a maid quickly.
"Prince Mikhail why would you do that?" Sir Dalton asked furiously. I know he is angry but still he can't shout at a Prince.
"It's fine Sir Dalton. He must have had his reason," I said awkwardly.
"Of course. I thought mother told me there was a lady I'm supposed to meet but it turns out to be a begger. I'm just giving a begger some food," Mikhail said as he brust into a devilish laugh.
"Even if you are a Prince you don have the right to speak to My Lady in this way," Sir Dalton said in a rage.
I need to do something it's getting out of hand, "Sir Dalton, please calm down," I looked at Mikhail who seemed to be enjoying a lot. This brat!!!
"Prince Mikhail I thought the etiquette taught in The Imperial Palace would be way more modest than others places! But the way you wasted food I think I had a wrong idea."
"We are not poor like you it's not a big deal for us," Mikhail said arrogantly.
"Really?" I paused for a moment and then said,"then why is there poverty in our country? If you are that rich shouldn't the whole country be living a better life?"
"What are you saying?" asked Mikhail furiously, "is it my duty to look after all those beggars?"
"Is it not? Because that's what everyone knows! Isn't the Imperial family's duty to serve this country? Aren't you the servant of the general people?"
Mikhail kept staring at me like a fool. He is just 4. He might not even understand what I'm saying but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he want because of that. Now I realise why the Empress wanted me to become friends with him.

It's because she wants Mikhail to know his place! But can't she do that herself??? It makes me so angry!!!

"My Lady please come with us. We will give you another pair of shoes," said a maid again.

"Does the shoe fit you ,My Lady?"
"Yes it does," they already prepared shoes for me. It's as if they already knew something like this would happened.
"My Lady, you don't need to come here anymore," said Sir Dalton angrily. At exactly that moment the Empress entered the room.
"Greetings to Her Majesty, The Empress," me and Sir Dalton said at once.
"I heard what happened Lady Davinia," said the Empress.
What if she thinks I talked too rudely to Mikhail. But I didn't did anything wrong. If she says I am wrong I'll just won't come here again.......
"You did a good job!"