Chapter 23

"Why? Why are you so serious about becoming his playmate?" asked grandfather.
"I thought it was a good opportunity to be on the Empress's good books," I replied calmly. I don't think he'll just believe me if I tell him I wanted to get better education. And I can't even think about any other good reason so it's better to be honest.
"And why do you want to be in her good books?"
"I thought it would be a good thing for both me and my family."
"You know it's not something I expected a 6 year would say. But if that's what you think then work like that also. When a person is far from you, you will not have much of an idea about that person. But when he stays closer to you, you will not only know about his skill but also his flaws."
"I understand."
"Then you may leave."

I walked out of the room and was going to my room that's when suddenly brother Henry called me, "Davinia, whatever happened don't tell anyone right now. We will talk about it later," he said in a hurry and then again ran away. I went to my room.

"So what was it Davinia? Is everything fine?"
"Yes. He just..........."
"Lady Meitry your grandfather wishes to meet you," again came another maid.
"Now why does he wants to see me?"
"Just go for now."

At brother Henry's room:
"So everyone has come right?" asked brother Henry. Then looked at all of us one by one. "So he even called Alex and Matthew separately," he looked tensed for some reason. "Then one by one we will reveal what that old man told each of us."
"Is that important? I don't think what he told us is much important anyway," said brother Neel.
"Of course it is Neel! What if he is trying to break our bond or tries to use us against brother Cedric?" shouted brother Henry.
"But I think he likes brother Cedric," said sister Athena.
"We can't trust him yet," brother Ishak replied. "There's a possibility that Henry is right."

Suddenly someone burst into the room," What are you all doing here like this?" It's brother Cedric. He looks perplexed.
"Brother we were just having a conversation," quickly replied brother Henry.
"It's better that you all are here together. I heard that grandfather spoke to each of you. Could you all share what he said?" said brother Cedric.

I understand why brother Henry wants to know about it, he is always curious about what's going on with everyone. But why is brother Cedric asking about it? Does he not trust grandfather? I need to ask.

"But why do you want to know about it?" asked Meitry. Is Meitry also thinking the same?
"If you don't want to tell me I can't force Meitry but I just simply wanted to know. There's no reason." Brother seemed embarrassed from the sudden question.
"No it's not that I don't want to tell you. But you never asked us about anything like this so I was just thinking if you might not trust grandfather and that's why you want to hear what he told us," said Meitry.
"Yes brother do you not trust grandfather?" I joined Meitry this time.

Author's Note: Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like the chapter❤️.