CHAPTER 36

I came back to my room after meeting Rose.

"My Lady, you were sleeping during dinner time so Lady Katrina forbade me to wake you up. Should I bring your dinner now?"

"Okay. Please do so."

I'm not much sleepy anyway I should review my study in for the next day. I started going through my books. Suddenly I remember about the strange book I found at the library.

'It's strange! That book didn't seem to be a history book. What was it doing in the history section?
The Librarian might have made a mistake,' I thought as I took that book and started reading.

""

"Father, please don't do this to me! I beg you," said Emily as tears ran through her face.

"This is the best I can do for you Emily! Don't you understand that man has no future? Look at his other brothers!!! He will always be a shadow of Grand Duke Cedric!"

"Father what is so wrong if he works for The Grand Duke? He is the most powerful man after the Imperial Family. So what's wrong if I love Lord Henry who is from the same family?

""

"What is this book? I looked at the lines again. What's even happening?"

"My Lady, here's your food," said Mary as she entered the room, "My Lady, is everything alright? Why are you sweating so much?" she ran to me hurriedly.

"Everything is fine." I said closing the book at once, "you can go and have some rest Mary."

"But My Lady...."

"Please go and don't worry. I'll eat."

I started reading again as soon as she left.

""

"Because you are capable of marrying The Grand Duke himself! Why should you marry his brother, Emily?"

"Because I love him father and there's already talk about Grand Duke's engagement with Sierra Dawson!"

"There's only talk, nothing is confirmed yet. And other than her being the Marquess's youngest sister, there's nothing she have!"

"What are you talking about father?" Emily screamed.

"Emily try to understand, once Lady Katrina marries The Crown Prince the Ducal family will be stronger than ever! If you marry the Grand Duke everything will change for our family."

""

I quickly went to another page.

""

"Lord Henry Father will never except our relationship," cried Emily.

"Emily I can't leave brother! You know that very well!"

"WHY???? WHAT GOOD WILL IT BRING TO YOU BY STAYING AS HIS SHADOW?"

"Emily! Try to understand, your father doesn't have any issue with me working for brother! He wants you to become The Grand Duchess!"

"Exactly! That is why you need to become The Grand Duke!"

""

I threw the book at once. It's not possible! Brother Henry can never betray brother Cedric. Moreover he would rather die than doing anything like this! What is even written in this book?

How can there be a book like this? Come to think of it Davinia how does this book has the exact same cover as my diary? Is there any connection!

I need to go to the library! I opened my door. Brother Neel! He can help me to go there right now!

"My Lady! Where are you going?"

"Sir Dalton! Where's brother Neel? I need to meet him right now."

"My Lady he is with his mother, Lady Prim."

Author's Note: What is even happening?  Does anyone has any clue👀?

Don't forget to vote⭐ if you like the chapter.