CHAPTER 25

"What happened? Where did he suddenly went?" asked Alex.

"I think it's something urgent. Don't worry Alex he'll listen about you both also," assured brother Henry.

"But why did grandfather told both of you to be close to the Imperial Palace while he gave us job advice?" asked sister Athena.

"I don't know," I replied.

We waited there for some time. After some time passed brother Cedric came and took Alex and Matthew with him and told us to go back to our rooms.

The Next Week At Imperial Palace:

What's the matter! Mikhail seems a little different today. The last time he just went away without saying anything and it isn't even that I expect him to give any explanation. But he looks a little restless today.

"So your job is to play and spend time with me?" he asked.

"I don't think it's a job but.... well it seems so."

"Then we should play."

"Okay! What do you want to play?" I asked excitedly. But he looked confused for some reason. "Let's play an outdoor game," I proposed.

"So what can we play?"

Why is he asking me? "There is you, I, Sir Dalton, this two miss, so we can play hide.........."

"Huh!" he stopped me at the middle, "Why would I play with them? I'm a prince," he said arrogantly.

"Because we don't have any other people. So now stop complaining and hide. Sir Dalton you will look for us. Start counting Sir."

"It was so much fun!" I exclaimed with joy as I was panting.

"Yes it was fun. Let's play more," Mikhail said excitedly.

"My Lady it is time for your classes already," said one maid.

"Oh, then we will play again next time. Goodbye Prince Mikhail," I said as I took my farewell for that day.

*****

Time started passing swiftly without much problems after that. It has already been about a month since I am going to Imperial Palace. I don't know if Mikhail has opened up to me totally but definitely there's progress.

I knocked brother Cedric's room as I was told to pay a visit, "brother you called for me?"

"Ah yes, Davinia. Come inside."

I came inside and took the empty seat in front of brother. "How are you doing? I know you are very busy but don't forget to take your meal time to time."

"Yes I will. But I called you because I wanted to talk about you not me. So how is it going in the Imperial Palace? Is Prince Mikhail troubling you a lot?"

"At first he was quite timid but not anymore. We both play and have fun together nowadays." I said proudly. The Empress should be happy.

"Timid you say. But from what I heard from Sir Dalton his behaviour at the first day didn't sound timid to me."

"A..," I was baffled and went speechless for a minute, "but he is changed now," I added.

"That's what Sir said also. There's nothing I can do about it now, because a month has already passed but you should had told me rather than hiding."

"Haha I'm totally fine as you can see," I said with an awkward smile.

"The Empress has sent me a letter."

Why did she sent brother a letter? Is she not happy with me? She could have just let me know, was sending a letter to brother necessary?

Author's Note: I hope everyone's doing well. Don't forget to vote⭐ if you enjoyed the chapter ❤️.