CHAPTER 28

"I'm sorry it must be tough for you to hear all this my Lady."

"No, it's fine. I was the one who insisted anyway," I said as I felt both devastated and confused.

Everyone I have met in this life has always talked about mother at least for once because they all cherished her. But why did father become totally uninterested in her? And not only her, he was the most and interested in me also; to an extent that i have personally met him only three times in my life.

The next visit to the imperial palace:

"Greetings to her Highness ,The Empress."

"Greeting," she looks happy for some reason. "You both must be curious why i called you today," she paused ,"well I cannot deny that there's significant changes in Mikhail's behaviour in just a month of time, after meeting the lady. Of course it's not a drastic change, but for now it's more than I could had wished for."

"I am glad to hear that," said brother Cedric.

"I didn't planned on sharing this with you both, but there's no reason for hiding it anymore. After all you both are also just like my children."

"It is an honour,"

"Actually......" she stopped for a moment,"I had a brother when i was a lot younger but he couldn't survive for a very time. Most of the doctor at that time told my parents he died due to overeating," she again paused ,"I know I must be over thinking but as a mother I cannot simply just ignore, how much Mikhail resemble my brother. I have no issues with Mikhail's eating habits but he doesn't exercise or play at all. That was the main reason behind his obesity. How much I tried he just wouldn't play or move and would lie down all day,she looked at me, "but after the Lady's arrival he has started playing, his behaviour has also changed quite a bit. Even after Lady Davinia leaves he still likes to play with the maids. Where he used to hate it even if the would touch for any reason," she now moved her gaze towards her hands, "he is losing weight for the first time and this is all thanks to you."

I was there baffled. Is this why she wanted me to become Mikhail's playmate? I know he is quite chubby, but if I remember how the story goes he will eventually meet Rose in future and will marry her. So there's no way he is going to die so soon.

Moreover if she wanted him to exercise and play more she should had called Alex. He would had lost all his weight in a week is he had played with Alex.

I was so much occupied in my own thoughts that I didn't realise that I had to respond to the Empress.

"Prince Liam was also talking to me about lady Davinia," she again continued but this time looking at brother, "he said she seems quite intelligent for her age. Even the imperial teachers were praising her. So I have an offer for you Cedric."

Author's Note: What kind of offer the Empress might have this time? Do you all have an idea👀?

Don't forget to vote ⭐ if you like this chapter.