Chapter 5

CALLUM

When she said she liked pink, I thought it would be a mere statement. Yet the moment I enter in what must be Barbie's home if it was ever brought to life, I know better of it.

Katie, since we now evolved to be on nickname level, if you can even believe that, is hopping around like a kid on Christmas morning as she enters through the pink doors in the pink coded room. The walls are white, but pink coquette deco seems to be everywhere. The tables are pink and pulled straight from a Disney fairytale or something. Everyone at the table is either pulled out of a chick flick movie or a pink fantasy.

My eyes quickly wonder back on Katie, who looks at me amused.

"What?", I ask her.

She can't help the smile on her face. My world suddenly lights up at that. "Sorry", she mumbles, not seeming sorry at all. "You just...You simply look completely out of the picture."

Hell yeah I am. I would personally never step foot in such a place. The door should have been a fair warning. It was not designed to be comfortable for a six feet two.

However, the girl I really like really likes this place, so now I'm stuck here.

"Wanna snap a picture?", I tease right back. "Forever hold this moment in your memory."

"I think I do", she surprises me by answering. Katie pulls out the phone from her pocket and takes a quick picture of me, sticking out her tongue at me as she places her phone back from where it came from.

Oh, baby girl. You really shouldn't have done that.

Still trying to erase the thoughts of Katie's tongue in less than obvious places, I lead her to the counter, where a woman with ribbon bows in her head and wearing a white dress greets us with a smile, showing us the different products they sale. You have one try to guess what. Even more pink. Pink macarons, pink cheesecakes...even pink fucking cookies.

Oh, Lord, please have mercy.

"Hello, how can I help you?", the woman asks. I look over at Katie, whose eyes take each sweetie in, as if mentally doing a pro and con list to decide which one she should buy.

"Katie", I get her attention. She looks up at me, then at the lady, and smiles even brighter. "I'll have the vanilla milkshake please", she begins. Her blue eyes then wonder on me, waiting. I get the hint and continue: "With a water bottle." I see Katie squint her nose in disapproval, yet she doesn't comment, only continues her order. "With the Love Is In The Air cookie."

Now I really need some help.

"Anything else?", the woman looks expecting at me. I shake my head and she closes our order, telling us the price. Katie wants to pull out her wallet yet I'm quicker and manage to pay first for the both of us. The lady smiles and tells out to take a sit at one of the tables, for she'll bring our order.

I follow Katie to a table for two, her smile not fading once the entire time. "Thanks", she mumbles as we're sitting down, frankly a bit nervous. "You didn't have to do that." She takes a deep breath. "Pay for my food, I mean."

"Don't worry, baby", I reply. I notice her swallowing hard at the word baby, and I can't help but let my mouth twitch at her reaction. I hide it before she can notice. "So, you really like this place, huh?", I decide to start a conversation instead.

Katie starts nodding cheerfully. "Best place in town." Her cheeks flush pink as she adds: "Honestly, you're the only one I ever brought here. Apart from Liv and Vee, of course."

I try to convince my heart not to read too much into that, but too fucking late. There is a party happening there. Topped with fireworks from the smile on her lips right now.