Chapter 24

KATE

As Cal and I leave the locker room, we get a very suspicious glance from the receptionist. Yet my guy only pulls me closer to his side, an arm wrapped around my shoulder, and he returns the first-aid kit. We obviously didn't need forty minutes to put on a plaster, but if the receptionist wanted to comment anything, she was wise enough to keep it inside. Because the look Cal gives her clearly points towards a very long fight if she even dared say anything wrong.

After he said all those things to me in the locker room and I almost told him for a second time that I love him, I managed to keep it to myself this time as well, Cal and I made out in the said locker room. Just kissing and nothing too dirty or incriminating, but still. At one point a guy ran on us as my back was leaning against one of the lockers, my feet around Cal's waist, and he was tongue-deep inside me. I look at him flushed, and luckily didn't recognise him, so he mustn't have recognised us. He only rolled his eyes muttering something under his breath, and left us alone. I couldn't help but chuckle and feel uneasy at the same time, yet all doubts, Cal stole them away with a kiss.

Maybe I misinterpreted locker rooms. They were hot as hell.

Or what happened in them.

We walk outside the building together and I'm greeted by the chilly weather. A shiver rolls down my body, making me breathe hard once. Cal, who must had seen it, takes off his hoodie, the one he put on to hide the souvenirs I left on his neck, and gives it to me.

"Cal", I let out. He's only in his black short compression shirt, clearly not warm enough for the weather.

"Katie", he counters, lifting up my hands and putting the black hoodie on my body. It's not his hockey hoodie, the one I once had on, but it also smells like him, so I hereby declare it to my favourite piece of clothing. "It's cold", he mumbles as he makes sure it sits alright. "And I don't want you to catch a cold." I can see his eyes on my face, stopping for a second too long on the bandaid. I see rage growing inside him, once he stops with a deep breath.

"Well, I don't want you catching a cold either", I counter.

He smirks, winking at me to make my worries disappear. "I'm a hockey player, baby. I was born on the ice."

"That makes zero sense", I mutter, yet follow him nevertheless as he starts walking over to his car. He picks up my bike along the way, the movement put into good use by his compression shirt. I catch myself lingering a second too long on his formed muscles, his arms, wondering how they'd taste, how they'd feel like...

"Like what you see?", I can hear his voice. All mischievous and flirting. As I look up at him and see him smirking and winking at me, I almost want to dig a hole and crawl in it to hide my embarrassment.

Through is, I never saw Cal shirtless. Every time we make out, our clothes are fully on. Which is fine. But I can't help but wonder how he looks like when there is no T-Shirt. Or no pants. I want to see every part of him, and I might be called delusional for that, but if that's what I am, then I'm owning it.

"Sure, go gloat", I deflect, opening the door to the passenger's seat. Even from here I could swear I heard Cal's laugh as he puts my bike in the trunk, before coming at his side and getting on the driver's seat, closing the door behind him.

"So, where to now?", he asks me.

I shrug. I don't want home, since Liam might actually be waiting there. Yeah, definitely not home.

"You tell me", I whisper, turning and leaning with my back against the car door to look at him.

"We could go to the movies..."