Epilogue

KATE & CALLUM

CALLUM

"I honestly can't believe you got us tickets", Katie says, almost hopping in front of the car. Sparks is hosting a party featuring ABBA music, one that got sold out minutes after it was announced. The whole student body at Colton is attending, because this is one of the only parties Sparks ever made for teenagers only. Kinda weird to choose ABBA as theme if you'd ask me, but I won't comment. My girlfriend loves it. Meaning she's happy. Meaning I'm happy.

So everything works out in the end.

Katie looks hot as fuck in her short pink dress she matched with some knee-high white boots, her hair straightened and mischief and excitement hidden in her eyes.

"How did you even get them?", she continues. "I thought the party was sold out. It was when I looked."

"I have my ways", I reply. It cost me a signed hoodie with my name and number given to the organiser of the party, apparently he is a fan.

Katie hops her way to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and tugging close to my side. "Oh, have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Almost every day, but you can say it again", I tease her.

She scoffs rolling her eyes, but still repeats those three words. The one that I have gotten addicted to hear coming from her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby", I reply, brushing a kiss on the top of her head, as I wrap my arm around her shoulders. It's like that we make our way towards the entrance of the club, where after showing our tickets, the security guy lets us inside.

The sound of blasting music and smell of alcohol meeting perfume meeting a tiny bit of sweat reaches my nose. I can see Katie also flinch a bit at that, yet as I offer her a look asking her if she'd like to leave, she shakes her head. "We came here for the ABBA."

I chuckle, that clearly not being the reason why I'm here. I only came here for her. But even if she doesn't know, there's little I wouldn't do for her. Close to none.

Some white hair catches Katie's attention, and she quickly rushes over to her best friend, me following her the entire time.

"Vee", I can hear Katie shout. Her bestie turns around startled, only to break into a big bright smile as she sees her.

"Katie, I didn't know you'd be here."

"Cal managed to get us tickets", Katie explains, flashing a smirk in my direction. Then, back at Avery: "What about you? You never told me you'd be here."

"I got a last-minute gig", she answers. "I didn't know about it until one hour ago. I would have invited you to come, but I thought it was too late to announce and you'd be busy."

"Nonsense", Katie counters. "I would have rushed my way to you. You can call me at two in the morning and I'd still come."

They continue to make conversation, and I tune out, only eavesdropping back when I hear Katie raise her voice, to make sure she's alright. Scanning the room once I see most of the people in my hockey team. Henry, with a new girl I don't recognise at his side. Trevor and Mae kissing somewhere in a corner. Even Liam Burroughs, Katie's ex, here with some guys from the basketball team.

I hardly stop a scoff and some very violent thoughts about him. That fucker belongs six feet underground. Would have happened, were it not for Katie and her fixation on seeing the positive. She made me promise her I wouldn't hurt him. Death glares is all I got.

"You're glaring", I can hear her. I look away and see her at my side.

"Where is Avery?", I try changing the topic.