4

"Dad, please stop." "You're hurting her." "You are worthless. You aren't my daughter. I don't need you as my wife." "Please stay." "No."

Hana jolted awake with the buzzing of her phone.

Nana calling ...

"Hello?"

"Are you still asleep?"

"Yes? It's 7:30 AM on a Saturday."

"Taeyong wants everyone at the academy."

"What? When?"

"In exactly, uhm, 5 minutes."

"WHAT."

"I'm outside your house, come out when you're done."

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. Taeyong is going to remove my name from the showcase. Hana sprung up from her bed trying to get herself together.

"Hana? Are you up?" A voice called out. "Yes mama, I'm heading out now, I'll see you later."

"You haven't had breakfas– and she's gone." Hana slammed the door cutting off her mom.

"Taeyong, it's too early for this." "Yea, why couldn't you do it later." "You suck." "I'm glad you're not our captain anymore." Chenle and Jisung bursted out laughing from Haechan's remark.

"Haechan, I'll remove you from the showcase right now." Now no one wanted that. The showcase was the biggest thing everyone looks forward to every year.

"Speaking of showcase and captain. I'm announcing our official showcase destination today." Taeyong began. "Drumroll please."

"Our destination this year will be in Nha Trang, Vietnam." "No way." Hana broke the silence. "MY HOMETOWN?" She freaked.

"Uh Yong, has it occurred to you that we can't speak Vietnamese?" Mark began. "Oh you can't but Hana can." Taeyong replied, winking at Hana. "Before we begin discussing more about the showcase, Mark has something to address."

"Oh uh hey guys. How y'all doing?" Mark stood there awkwardly, he hated being put in the spotlight. "Booooo. Mark Lee, Boooo," Haechan began teasing Mark. "Anyways, after careful consideration, Taeyong and I decided it would be best for me to step down as Captain."

What? Who's going to be captain then. "We decided it would be best for this person to step up while I step back. I know this isn't ideal but Taeyong and I believe this person is worthy enough. After all, they were my co-captain, to me at least." Oh no. Mark looked in the direction of Hana making everyone turn their attention to the girl.

"DoHa. Meet your team. You are now our team captain." Mark spoke with a bright smile.

Silence.

Suddenly, the entire team bombarded Hana with hugs and congratulations. Cheers, claps, and chanting of Hana's name could be heard. Renjun and Jaemin stood on the side pretending to wipe their tears like proud moms. "Why are y'all crying?" Jieun asked with disgust in her face, making Taeyong and Mark burst out laughing.

Jeno was the first to notice Hana was oddly quiet about this. Does she not want the position? Jeno knew how much Hana wanted this position after meeting Taeyong for the first time, so why was she not happy? He knew that Hana worked hard to try and earn this position only for Mark to beat her to it. She even happily congratulated Mark when he was announced as the next captain. Why does she seem sad?

Hana silently left the room while everyone continued cheering and deciding if they should celebrate or not. Her head was hurting a lot. Jeno followed the girl out to the roof.