18

D-1 until Jeno's birthday

Hana was busy setting up the venue for tomorrow's event. The Dreamies, Taeyong, and Ara were also there to help set up. Jeno's family was also present. They were helping Hana with setting up the slideshow. Meanwhile Jeno was with Seojoon. The two boys decided to have a sleepover with the kids.

"Use this picture." Jieun snickered, showing her phone to Hana. It was a picture of Jeno sleeping with his mouth open. Hana stifled in a laughter, quickly airdropping the photo to herself to blackmail him later. The two girls were in charge of how the entire venue should look. Jieun even created a digital design of how the room should look in the end. "Haechan! It's 'Happy Birthday' not 'Happy Birtday'." The girl ran after her boyfriend who was struggling.

"Have you been well?" Jeno's dad said from behind Hana. The girl jumped in her seat hearing his voice. Jeno's dad was a more introverted person compared to Jeno but that was where Jeno got his quiet moments from. Hana nodded, pulling out a chair for him to sit. He sat down as he watched Hana set up the slideshow. "He's been really happy. Have you noticed?" His dad smiled warmly at the girl. Hana tilted her head in confusion.

"Hello Jeno." A quiet voice could be heard from the other side of the phone. Jeno decided to call his dad. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss his family, more specifically his dad. "Hi Appa." Silence engulfed the two male. "You seem happy." His dad spoke up after some time. Jeno smiled with the mention of happiness. "I am Appa. I found my happiness."

"You did well, Jeno. I am proud of you."

That alone was enough for Jeno to confide in his dad all about his worries. "I heard from Jieun. What happened to hating her?" His dad teased. "I don't know appa. I really don't know if I truly love her. I don't want to hurt her again." Jeno admittedly. "You made the choice Jeno. I think you do know. Let time tell. If you really love her, you'll prove it rather than say it."

His dad embraced her into a hug. He stroked her head gently. "Thank you for being his light. We'll be your light now. We'll fill the void that has been empty your entire childhood. I may not be your biological father, but I will always be there as a father figure. I will always support you. Be happy, Hana." The words hit Hana hard. It felt like she was finally being accepted. All of her wounds finally healed.

------

"Hey." Hana whispered. Ara had opened the door for her. Hana's red eyes didn't go unnoticed by Ara. She silently opened her arms for Hana. The girl broke down into Ara's arms. She recognized these weren't tears of sadness but rather the ones of happiness. Hana's sobs turned into laughter which let Ara know she was healing. "I feel at peace." The girl said between tears.

Ara smiled at Hana. "You are such an ugly crier." Hana flipped off Ara. "Where's Jeno?" The girl asked, heading up the stairs. "In your old room with the kids and Seojoon." Ara bid her a goodbye before heading to her room where Renjun was.

She opened the doors to see the kids sprawled out on the bed. Seojoon was on the bed with them while Minjoon was in Jeno's arms on the bed on the floor. Hana pulled out a phone to quickly snap a picture of the two sleeping. She bent down to pick up Minjoon. The boy stirred in his sleep but eventually went back to sleep. She placed him on the bed where he quickly snuggled into Seojoon. Hana slid into the empty space next to Jeno. She pulled the blanket up, getting comfortable.

Jeno felt a familiar scent hit his nose. He opened his eyes to see Hana getting comfortable. His hand slid to her waist, pulling her to his body. Hana's head rested on his chest as his hands ran up and down her back. "What time is it?" He whispered in a sleepy voice. The girl snuggled into his chest. "It's 2am." Jeno hummed at her response, falling back to sleep. His breath steadied as he held onto her. "Happy birthday my love."