12

Song: Angel Baby - Troye Sivan

The music started as the lights dimmed. Hana was surprised to see The Dreamies except Jeno on stage again. Hana was even more surprised to see each boy had a microphone. Haechan and Renjun started off with their heavenly voices.

"I need a lover to keep me sane."
"Pull me from hell, bring me back again."

One by one, each stepped off the stage, each holding a rose in their hand. They continued singing as they approached Hana. They each handed Hana a rose. Jaemin offered his hand for Hana to take. Hana took his hand, following his guidance. As they made their way to the stage, each of the team members also handed Hana a rose. The girl was more than confused, struggling to keep up with the events happening in front of her. Before Hana knew it, Jaemin had guided her to the middle of the stage, facing the audience.

Jeno finally stepped out from behind the stage.

"All the sick and twisted nights that I've been waiting for ya."
"They were all worth it all along, yea."

Hana turned around upon hearing his voice. There Jeno stood, with a golden rose in his hand. He handed her the rose before taking her hand in his. As Jeno held her hand, the music stopped right on cue.

"In your arms are 29 roses with 1 golden rose. The golden rose is a forever rose, it will never die like the other roses, just like my love for you." Jeno spoke, staring into Hana's eyes.

"You stepped into my life 8 years ago, giving me all kinds of feelings. I learned what it was like to truly hate someone because of you. You were my worst enemy." The crowd laughed hearing Jeno's confession. Jeno turned to the crowd. "She hated me too."

"You also taught me what it was like to love someone. You taught me that it was perfectly fine to not be okay. Over the past few months, I got to spend time with you as your co-captain. Every moment with you was always one that left a lasting memory. Getting to live life through your perspective has opened up another world for me. You came to me one day offering to be your co-captain, something I never expected for you to do."

"I envy you a lot, Hana. You are so much more stronger than I could ever be. You lost your innocence at the age where you deserved to be a kid. Instead, you spent your childhood having to be mature. You are the strongest person on this team. You carry each of our burdens with you along with your own burdens yet everyday you turn up with a smile on your face. You've worked hard, Hana. You've survived, Hana."

Jeno took a deep breath before continuing on. "As you stand here on stage today, I want to make up for all of your suffering. I want to make up for all of your hardships, your pain, your tears. I want to make up for your mom and sister's hardship and pain as well. I want to be your support at all points in your life, whether it is behind you or next to you. I want to continue on as not just your co-captain but also your partner as well." He smiled at the girl who was connecting the dots in her head.

"Do Hana. Byeolie. Will you give me the honor of being your boyfriend, so that I may walk alongside you through this life and this next life as well?" Hana was at a loss for words at Jeno's confession.

She looked around to see the people surrounding her. There was her family in the audience wiping their tears, her team was behind her and Jeno holding a large poster filled with their pictures together as well as the words "Be Mine?"

Hana looked back at Jeno who was anxiously waiting for an answer. "I would love to, Jeno."

Jeno immediately pulled Hana into his embrace. He held onto her tightly, afraid he was going to lose her.