2

The next morning Kara arrived at L Corp at seven AM just as she told Lena she would be. She left Sirius with Alex before leaving Alex's place. Now she was going through the process of getting her badge and stuff so she could get into her office and begin working on the cyber part of the security system. "Miss Danvers, you're all set! Would you like me to walk you to your office?" Asked a young looking woman. Kara noticed everything about her quickly, brown eyes, brown hair, well polished nails, and makeup perfectly applied. Kara nodded grabbing her bag she followed the woman to the elevator. "This is the main elevator to the top floor. Your office is right across the hall from Miss Luthor's. You're a lucky woman. Getting to work so close to her...she's incredibly beautiful...don't you think?" The woman asked. "You really think about your superiors like that. You're her subordinate, you should be more respectful to superiors." Kara stated.

The young woman nodded quickly as the elevator stopped at the top floor. When it opened they were met by Lena Luthor herself. "Thank you Amanda. You may return to the security department, I have it from here." Lena stated. The other woman nodded and reminded in the elevator. "Welcome to L Corp Kara! Your office is right this way. But I'm sure Amanda told you that already. Anyway..my office is right over here, if you have any questions feel free to come by and ask any time. My assistant Jess knows to let you in anytime." Lena continues as they walked along.

"Well here we are. Everything is ready for you. Umm...is there anything else you need? You're very quiet, is everything ok?" Lena asked. Kara looked at her with a serious look on her face. "Do you know how your subordinates talk about you? It's very disrespectful." Kara stated. "Oh? What do they say?" Lena asked shaking her head. "That one...Amanda told me how lucky I was to be so close to you, because in words 'she's incredibly beautiful..' then she muttered some incoherent sexual desires about you before I called her out for being disrespectful to her superiors." Kara stated.

Lena didn't know what to say. This woman just stood up for her to a secretary guard, no less. If Lena wasn't careful she would fall hard for the blonde woman before her. "Oh...thank you for that Kara. Would you like to have lunch with me? As friends." Lena asked. "I don't see why not." Kara replied. "Great! I'll see you back here around noon then. Have a good morning Kara." Lena replied with a smile before she walked out of the room and shut the door behind her.

Kara began setting up her encrypted laptop she had in the Marines  and began setting up her office. It had a large bookshelf at one wall where Kara put up all her books on cybersecurity and some other ones along with some photographs of her and her squad mates in Iraq and Iran. Along with some of her and Alex when they were kids and some that were taken of her during basic training. One she hesitated to put up was one of her in dress blues at a Marine Ball one year after her basic. She brought Alex as her guest since she wasn't dating anyone at the time, however she stood alone in the picture. The final thing she put up was a shadow box that had her metals and her dog tags in it. She was very proud of all of them. She worked hard for each and every one of them but mostly for the sniper one. She was the only woman in her class. She got so much slack for taking the course but she out did all the men, and for that she was proud.

After a few minutes Kara began running diagnostics on Lena's system noticing that there were a lot of holes in her cyber security. Kara quickly wrote code to fix them and continued on her way. By the time lunch time came around Kara was still busy in work she didn't hear Alex walk into her office. "Kara?" Alex exclaimed causing her sister to jump. "Hey Al! Whats up?" Kara asked. "Just came to see how you're doing? And to see if you are thinking about what I said earlier." Alex replied. "You mean about opening my heart? Yea I thought about it and I'm not going to." Kara replied. "Kara! Not everyone is Madison! You told me your boss seems to find you attractive as far as you can tell...so why not go out with her? It's not the Marines anymore it's ok to date women above your pay grade." Alex finished up just as there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Kara called out as Lena walked in holding two boxes of pizzas in her hands. "Oh! I...didn't know you had company...I uh... can come back..." Lena rambled. "No need its just my sister. Here sit." Kara replied taking the boxes from Lena who sat on her sofa beside Alex. "So you're the infamous Alex Danvers! Pleasure to meet you! I'm Lena Luthor!" Lena replied shaking her hand. "Ah...so you're the Lena I heard about. It's a pleasure to meet you too!" Alex replied. Kara rolled her eyes at the interaction. "You talked about me?" Lena asked arching an eye brow at Kara. "I only told her you were my boss." Kara replied grabbing a slice of pizza.

Alex shot Kara a look that said 'She's hot! Ask her out!' Kara ignored it however and continued eating her pizza. "So? How has your first day been?" Lena asked. "Good. I've fixed all your holes in your cyber security." Kara replied. "How many were there?" Lena asked intrigued. "Fifteen. It's surprising you haven't been hacked into before." Kara replied. "Thank you! I knew you were good...but this is incredible! So Alex? Any interesting stories about Kara?" Lena asked. At this moment Kara excused herself to go to the bathroom.

"How much do you know already?" Alex asked. "The basics. She told me about the exe girlfriend breaking her emotionally. And I get the picture she hasn't dated anyone since? How come?" Lena asked. Alex was taken aback. "Nope. She refuses to date anyone. I've told her to open her heart up but she's afraid of having someone break it again. She sees herself as a 'broken unloveable woman.' No matter what I say to her she doesn't believe me. I keep telling her that someone out there will see her for her." Alex stated. Lena listened intently remaining silent so the redhead would continue. "She needs someone who can make her smile again. It's gonna take someone a long time to peel back the layers that are Kara Danvers. I wish anyone the best of luck if they're trying to date Kara." Alex added. "I noticed..." Lena replied softly. "That's right Kara said you tried hitting on her yesterday. She shot yo down huh? Here's some advice Lena...if you really like my sister then don't give up." Alex added.

On the way back from the bathroom Kara bumped into someone. "Sorry..." Kara muttered causing the other woman to turn around. "Kara?" The woman asked. That voice! It was familiar! It was Madison! Kara turned around to see the woman standing there in all her glory. "Madison? You work here?" Kara asked. "No..I'm visiting my fiancé." Madison stated holding up her hand. "Ah...well I've got to go back to work." Kara stated. "You work here? With..." Madison stopped herself. "Yes! This broken unlovable woman was hired as a cyber security specialist." Kara snapped as turned on her heel and left Madison gaping in her wake.