chapter 4

I  was so confused. I was told I get to go to UA tomorrow. I didn't know why or how, so I had asked, but of course, they didn't tell me. I sat in my bed a little nervous about tomorrow. What if Rai is there?? I wondered.

My head was filled with worried thoughts, until I fell asleep.

TIME SKIP-

The next day, I was woken early by koro. “Did you forget about school??” he asked, a little harsher than he meant to, I could tell. “Come on, let's go.”

I got ready for school quickly and walked to school. Apparently I didn't need to take the entrance exam?!? Eh, it's fine. Guess I don't need to do extra work.

I walked into class 1-A and saw quite a few students there. My stress levels started going up as I saw people look at me. Just then I realized smoke was coming off my skin, so I took a deep breath and sat in my seat. Somehow my seat was in the back left corner, what a coincidence. 

As we were talking, a yellow worm thing slid into the class. My skin started smoking again but stopped as a man unzipped it and stepped out. Oh…

“Listen up everyone, I am your class teacher Shota Aizawa,” The man said as he stood in front of the class.

The whole class was silent as the teacher kept talking to the class. I wondered if Rai got put into a different class or if he even managed to get into UA at all. But suddenly a voice snapped 

out of my thoughts,“You, there in the back of the class,” said Aizawa from the front of the class. 

I instantly knew he was referring to me. I looked at him “yes?”. I felt a chill run down my spine as he got ready to respond.

“You are a new student that transferred here. Can you please state your first and last name and your quirk please,” said Aizawa in a monotone voice.

“Im Yashima Kenkichi…” i pause, trying to figure out what to say “i uhm… haven't… figured out my quirk yet”

Aizawa was a little bit surprised that a student hasn’t been able to figure out their own quirk at this age. “Well, do you even have a quirk?” he responded in a voice that was a little irritated.

“I-i d-do b-but… i-i d-dont know w-what i-it is or h-how it w-works.” I stuttered, getting nervous from Aizawa's harsh tone. My skin started to smoke again and I looked around. The fire alarm set off from the smoke and the students in other classes started to panic.

Aizawa erased my quirk to stop the fire alarm from going off. After the fire alarm stopped he stopped erasing my quirk. “Well,” Aizawa started in his monotone voice “you better figure out what your quirk is or it will cause trouble” he finished as he warned.

The other students in the class started to gossip with each other. One girl came up to me and asked, “Hey, so do you really not know what your quirk is?” she had a surprised and concerned tone in her voice.

“I mean, no. But I clearly have one. I just," I pause. “I lost my memories and only remember a few things before sometime last year…”

The girl looked a little sad for me. “Oh I am so sorry” she paused. “Well…oh um I am sorry I haven't introduced myself yet, my name is Ochaco Uraraka,” she had a friendly smile on her face.

“Nice to meet you, I think you heard my name already but to double check, im yashima.” I said with a small but genuine smile planted on my face.

Just then, someone else came through the door. He was much more confident and sat in the second seat in the first row on the other side of the room from me. Aizawa asked the same question and he stood up and confidently said, “im Tengen Rai! My quirk is a healing quirk, if I touch you and concentrate, I can heal you!”

I tried not to get mad. He's here… in the same class… right there… I felt myself seething with anger. Finally I managed to picture happy thoughts, causing the smoke to die down before there was too much. I sighed quietly, and thought… I will never forgive him.