chapter 5

I looked around. I could see i was in a familiar room, but it wasn't mine, at least, I didn't think it was. I stood up and explored the house I was in. it wasn’t big, but it wasn't small either. My footsteps creaked against the floorboards. Was this house abandoned?

Just then someone started walking up the stairs. For some reason I didn't panic as the one shorter figure walked up the stairs. I couldn't control what i was doing anymore and i looked at her, “hi mom!”

“Hello {_____}, and good morning.'' She seemed tired. Wait, mom?!? Since when did I have a mom?!? She finally got to the couch and sat down, and my body walked over to what seemed like the dining room.

My body grabbed a phone and put in a pattern through dots. The phone turned on. I stared in confusion as my body pulled out a pair of wired purple earbuds and plugged them into the phone.

For a while I was watching my body do strange things on the small device, until the younger figure walked up the stairs. I watched as my body (and mouth) walked up to it and complained about doing something.

“{_____}, play with you sister.” said the figure who was apparently my mom. “And {_____}, stop antagonizing your brother.”

“Ok!” my body said. “Come on!” my ‘brother’ did not look happy.

“What are we doing?” he asked, clearly annoyed. I listed a few things that sounded familiar, but also didn't. He turned on a pc and clicked ‘steam’. My body walked over and grabbed a strange device.

I put it on my face and added, “oculus acquired!” I clicked on a game called vrchat. We played for a while until I woke up, in my room.

TIME SKIP-

The bullying and torture Rai did to me in middle school. I tried to think of something other than that but I couldn’t. Whenever I tried to think of something else those memories kept coming back.

I walked into class and sat in my seat. Was I early? I thought because no one was here.

I fell asleep and I awoke to the sound of students chatting. I yawned and sat up. The students started following Mr Aizawa out of the classroom. I froze for a second in confusion, then snapped back to reality and followed them out.

When we got outside, Aizawa stopped. “Today,” he started as he turned to face us. ”We will be testing our quirks.”

Some red, spikey haired student raised their hand, “So, Mr. Aizawa, how will we be testing our quirks?” I looked at him and wondered how these people got the courage to ask these questions, especially to our teacher.

“Well Kirishima, how we will be testing our quirks is you all took tests without using your quirks so you guys were all equal in middle school but here you will take the same tests but you will use your quirks in these tests unlike middle school.” He stated in his monotone voice.

The students nodded but Rai blurted his question. “But what if your quirk is more for defense??” he asked.

Aizawa looked at Rai “then you won’t use it,” he stated, kind of agitated and annoyed. Rai nodded and looked down. He kinda looked upset. 

Aizawa started to talk to the class again. “So first two people will race each other you guys will be timed, okay let the tests begin,” he exclaimed “one more thing whoever gets the lowest score gets expelled,” he added with an evil smirk. The students let out faint gasps.

TIME SKIP-

After a while almost everyone was called. It was my turn to race. I was against rai, but my problem is how he has always been faster than me without a quirk. I don't even know my quirk, how was I supposed to win?!? He looked at me and we stepped up to the track.

We heard a gunshot and we started to sprint. He was way too fast! Just as I was about to give up, the ground somehow tilted. I slid down the ‘hill’ at great speeds, passing Rai who was trying not to fall. As soon as I thought about it, the ground tilted back and I made it into the finish line.

But how? I had a heat quirk I thought, but I did that on my own will!