Chapter 12 - Old case opened

The police superior surprised to see the evidences that Zhao Yunlan sent to him through that email on yesterday morning. He quickly referred that case to the president, the uncle of Guo. Upon reviewing those evidences, the president also agreed for the police to open back that old case. Actually that old case already handled by the president when he was being a chief in the police precinct about 20 years ago. But he didn't have the evidences like Zhao Yunlan showed to them now.

"Open that old case now! I want to know the real happened to that house. I want them to catch that criminal and solve this case!" President Guo Ying ordered to the superior of police precinct to open back that old case and with that Zhao Yunlan got the approval to solve this case.

That approval reached to Zhao Yunlan's mail box on the next morning before his staffs asked him about them to stay in that house for almost a week now. Zhao Yunlan told to them about that approval and they sighed in relief to be missing from the precinct lately. Since that day, they keep working to bring that old man to the front to catch him or maybe to kill him like Sang told before. To kill that old man, they need to bring him to the front first to get the strong evidence about the black magic involvement in that house burning fire for this time. And Shen Wei will be the main witness for the case.

"Chief, we found his hiding now! Wu Lim kept going to that building which is an abandoned building. And chief, you must be shocked to know whereabouts of that abandoned building," Lin said as he came back to the house of Shen Wei together with Zhu.

"Where is it?" Zhao Yunlan directly asked.

"In the jungle where you were shot and lost from us before," Zhu told made Zhao Yunlan widens his eyes in shocked.

"Too close with me at that time? So that gun shot..." Zhao Yunlan speechless to think of that when he didn't know where is the origin of the gun shot at that time.

On the day of Zhao Yunlan was shot in that jungle, he was chasing a criminal but that criminal didn't have a gun to shoot him or anyone. When he caught that criminal, he was shot from unknown. His staffs saw that situation but unfortunately, he fell off from that mountain and lost in the sea. His staffs said they found that criminal but was already died and they didn't find him. After a month of his missing, the police concluded that he was died. But the weird is, no one has replacing him as a chief in his precinct till he came back and that precinct became solemn for those 5 months he was missing.

"Impossible, chief! For what reason if he is the one who shot you at that time? Besides, he can't go out under the light, chief," Da Qing reminded about that old man to think of that possibility.

Zhao Yunlan nods agreed for that possibility too.

"But Yunlan, there is no bullet from the gun shot on your chest at that time. When I found you, the wound on your chest is really a gun shot wound but no bullet in it. Even Wu shu confirmed to me that wound is the gun shot wound and still fresh," Shen Wei told from her side.

"Is that wound went through my back? I mean that bullet went through my body?" Zhao Yunlan asked to confirm his condition at that time from Shen Wei.

Shen Wei shakes her head.

"That wound just on your chest, almost hit to your heart. Just an inch distance. It didn't go through to your back. But no bullet from it. That's made me weird too actually. But Wu shu said maybe you or someone else already pulled it out before I found you at that time," Shen Wei said.

They all frown to hear the truth from Shen Wei.

"Only one reason that can link to that situation now, Zhao Yunlan. That gun shot came from that old man through his black magic. He was too closed with you at that time and he may know you had that pendant. I think he tried to kill you before you can use that pendant to unseal me and break the spell barrier from this house or to kill him," Sang mentioned his guess as he heard about the situation of Zhao Yunlan and that old man now.