out of character

Lucy stepped into her newly bought apartment.
Yup, this'll be perfect!
A real steal!

She hummed as she danced around the newly furnished room. She then had told the landlord that she was going to take a bath. She walked into the bathroom part, it was a small space but it was just enough to fit a bathtub.

She kneeled down and turned on the faucet, listening to the water, she undressed and relaxed into the warm water with her hair up in a high bun.

***

Natsu felt extremely weird following her around. This is out of character for him.
Normally the new mages tell their stories right there in the guild. But not Lucy. Like I said before, she's different.

He growled as he realized that her apartment was small and had no unknown spaces. The only small space he found was the small invisible clearing between a bush and the wall of the apartment. It hit him very well and he found he could hear her humming.

He didn't understand the tune and figured he'd cross off "World Famous Hummer" from his list of possibilities. He grit his teeth in frustration, why couldn't she just be like everyone else and say it back at the guild? What makes her so special?

He listened throughout the night but nothing suspicious happened. Until...

The sound of a pencil on paper, writing, was heard throughout the night.

She's... writing? He wondered narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

He stood up from the bushes and realized how dark it was. Midnight. Then he climbed the vines on her apartment window, silently.

Just so you know, this is totally out of character for him. He never has to FIND out about the members because they always explain who they are right there when they join.

He peaked through the window and saw that the blonde had her head in her arms as she slept.

She's fast asleep. She must have fallen asleep when she was writing.

Natsu thought about drawing a mustache but wondered what she'd think in the morning.

He looked at what she had been writing and it was a... novel?

He raised an eye brow and then read through it.

*

Hey mom,

I'm writing to you in my new apartment! Yay!

I've finally become a Fairy Tail mage! Everyone here is so nice and kind. There's some I'm not sure about but, it'll be fine! I'm so happy!

To be honest I was a bit hesitant because of this guy but, it's ok because everyone else is nice!

Love you,
~Lucy

*
Natsu read it and then wondered, "why didn't she send it?" Then he found a box full of the letters!

"Is her mother...?" But the next thing he knew Lucy's eyes were open.

*

"Huh?" Lucy said sitting up and then looked down, "oops, I must've fallen asleep again."

She picked her papers up with her hands and then laid them on top of the old ones. She smiled and then pushed the box of letters under her bed.

She hopped into bed and fell fast asleep, never knowing Natsu's presence.

**

He had disappeared just in time. Through the window that she had never noticed he left it open.

Natsu sighed but wondered more about Lucy's mother.

Now since I think about it, Lucy's kinda weird he thought with a creepy smile.

Then he headed back to his hiding spot in the guild without being noticed by anyone.