An accident

(Warning this has an intense ending to the chapter. Continue to read at your own risk)

Natsu knocked gruffly on the door. Lucy's apartment door.

"Coming! Please hold on!" Lucy's kind voice rang from the other side of the door.

Natsu clicked his tongue, 'tch'.

The door swung open and there stood Lucy in a red shirt and jean capris that are folded up around the ankles.

"Hey what's up? I was just going to the guild," Lucy said greeting Natsu. He scoffed.

"I don't really care! I'm just giving you this!" Natsu said, he threw something at her feet before walking away. Lucy blinked before grabbing the golden key.

"Virgo's key? The maiden!" Lucy said exasperated. Natsu didn't turn around or stop.

"Wait!" Lucy called to him, "where did you get this? This is a golden key!"

Natsu growled as he stopped, "I didn't steal it, if that's what you think! The mission we were on, the old rich guy was a celestial wizard, and when I defeated him I received that. I'm no celestial wizard so it's useless to me."

Lucy's eyes sparkled, "thank you!"

"Don't thank me."

"Why not?"

"Your dumb," Natsu snapped then he walked away. He was walking to the guild for sure!

Lucy smiled as she clipped her new golden key to her belt.

"Wait up, Natsu!" Lucy called and ran to his side.

****

Once Lucy entered the guild she immediately sat down at the bar area.

Natsu followed behind her. He growled at Jet and Droy. The boys were exhausted and had just gotten back from a mission.

"Where's Erza at today?" Lucy asked Mira. Mira smiled at her.

"She went on a solo mission today," Mira commented.

Natsu sat in the chair next to Lucy. He gave off a scary aura to everyone.

Little Romeo walked up to Natsu, "hi."

Droy immediately snatched Romeo and pulled him away from Natsu.

Natsu growled, "wouldn't want a little boy near me anyways!"

Romeo flinched at the word 'little' and then walked away. Droy sighed.

Lucy bent her elbow, and held her head up on her palm, as she whispered, "why don't you try to be friends with someone?"

Natsu hyena-laughed then commented, "I've got you don't I?"

Lucy nodded slowly.

"That's enough for me," Natsu grumbled.

Lucy shrugged, "I'm not MUCH you've only got one friend."

"Aye!" Happy appeared jumping out from behind the bar. He jumped onto Lucy's head.

"Who's side are you on, Cat?" Natsu growled. Lucy giggled.

"Nobodies I'll just agree with whatever. But I couldn't help but over hear that Lucy has no friends, so I second that!" Happy said laughing.

Lucy pouted, "that's nowhere close to what we talked about!"

Natsu snickered, "the blue thingy isn't wrong!" Him and Happy were side by side laughing.

Lucy froze to admire them. They looked like friends, like two normal friends laughing together.