A request

"Thanks Mira!" Lucy said cheerily as she picked up the request she was going to do.

Mira smiled in return and then continued to wash a glass.

"Hey Lucy!" Gray hollered to her, and walked toward her with an innocent smile, "can I come? I'm in need of a gir- jewel! Jewel!" He laughed nurvously.

Lucy raised an eye brow and then smiled, "sure!"

Gray smiled back and there was a moment of Graylu until...

"Gray!" A strong yet firm voice yelled from the doorway. It caused everyone to jump.

Lucy looked at Gray who was petrified, "E-Erza?" Gray managed to slide out.

Everyone took cover as the guild doors burst open, even though she was already in.

There stood a scarlett haired girl, with a huge... chest. She wore armor that clicked as she walked. Her head was held high in the air.

"Good morning everyone!" She said in a voice full of power.

Mira walked right  next to her with a smile, "actually Erza it's noon."

Lucy flinched as she expected Erza to socker kick Mira away but they just smiled at one another. It calmed Lucy.

"Hey, meet the new girl! Natsu and Happy brought her!" Gray said pointing at Lucy, who only stared.

Erza smiled as she walked up to Lucy, "you know Natsu's never brought anyone, hi," now she was talking to Lucy, "as you probably already know I'm Erza."

Lucy smiled weakly, "Lucy."

"They were just going on a mission, Erza,would you like to accompany them?" Mira asked sweetly.

Erza looked at her when she'd spoken and was now looking at the two. "Hmm," she thought aloud, "sure."

Her once thinking face turned into a big warm smile.

"Okay le-" but before Lucy could finish that sentence, the guild doors burst open revealing a pink haired angry boy.

"Gimme that!" He growled bitterly, then quick as lightening appeared in front of Lucy with his scowl. He ripped the request from Lucy's hands and pushed it to his face, but his face was puckered in confusion.

"I'm taking it," he said and then he started out the door.

"Natsu! Give Lucy back her request!" Master Makarov said sighing in frustration at his bitter child.

Natsu turned his neck so Lucy could see his hatred for everyone in his narrowed eyes, "why? The petty chick can get a ne-"

"That's ENOUGH! Give it back to her! NOW!" Master Makarov growled making everyone except Natsu, flinch.

Natsu let out this dark deep growl that caused the guild to shake and then stomped toward Lucy. She closed her eyes but then opened then feeling paper in her hand.

Her eyes stared down at the request.

"I have an idea, how about Natsu goes with you, Lucy?" Mokarov said looking down with a smile at Lucy. Lucy can't believe what happened and then realized Natsu was still standing there in front of her with a scowl and bitter thoughts.

She whispered, "will he bite?"

Natsu tsked before rolling his eyes.

"Lucy, I shall protect you!" Erza said boldly with a glare at Natsu, who remained unfazed.

"Well? How about it Lucy?" Gray asked folding his arms, "will Natsu go with us?"

Lucy looked at him and then turned back to Natsu. Natsu scared the living crap out of poor Lucy. She stared at him for a few seconds before saying, "Natsu, it'd be ok with me. Do you want to go on this request with us?"

Most guild mates gasped at the blondes words, nobody has ever been allowed to be nice to Natsu, except maybe Lisanna once upon a time.

*

"Natsu?" A sweet young high pitched, yet delicate voice asked sweetly, "would you like to play with me and Happy?"

The little white haired girl smiled sweetly, her hair short at her sides and her eyes big and bright. She had her hands together patiently waiting for the answer.

"No! stay away from me, Short White Haired Animal Chick!" Natsu growled bitterly.

His spikey punk hair waved slightly as he turned around sharply, with a red-eyed glare on his face, and his angry words made the small white haired girl flinch.

"Oh," she said being left alone, unless you count Natsu stomping away in the background.

*

Silence filled the room as everyone waited for Natsu's answer.

"Fine!" He shouted bitterly, "but you stay away from me."

Lucy, Gray, Erza, and Happy nodded frantically.

"This'll be a strange team," someone said from their seat.