Chapter Three

His arm dropped quickly as though her skin was scorching hot, a shocked look on his face. When his eyes locked on her frightened ones, he felt another stab as she took a step backwards, her arm clutching her opposite upper arm where he had just hurt. Even he could tell she was afraid of him and he had no clue how to fix this.

He dropped to his knees, lowering his head as he had observed a sign animals did around their own to show they are of no harm, his intimidating figure no long posing as much as a threat. Evelyn stopped, her wide eyes staring at him as her heart beat raced frantically.

She couldn't just turn around and leave, it was a long walk from the cliff and she was sure to get lost out there all by herself. So she just stood there.

Slowly, Angus shuffled his body closer and closer to hers at a very slow pace careful not to scare her but he wanted the addicting feeling of warmth and happiness back and for him to forgive her. It didn't take long for him to reach Evelyn's frozen body and gently he lifted his arms and placed them on her hips, his face falling forwards so his cheek was resting on her soft stomach.

"I sorry," he muttered loud enough for her to hear him. Angus felt tense also as he was met with silence, only the sound of nature playing in the background. His body relaxed however, when he felt a small, delicate touch in his hair. His body melted into her still stiff one, the gentle massage of her fingers threading through knotted hair, a comforting soft touch he loved.

"It's okay." She said softly, unknowing once again on what to do in this bizarre situation. After a few minutes passed, her hand movement passed and she retrieved her hand.

A low growl came from Angus as he immediately missed the soothing touch. Evelyn didn't understand what she had done wrong and she took a small step backwards, an action Angus didn't approve of.

His dominant side arose as he gently grabbed her hand and pulled her back, rising to his feet as he placed her hand back into his hair, her shorter frame only reaching the ends of his hall falling around his shoulders. Finally understanding, Evelyn watched with amazement as Angus closed his eyes, a relaxing sigh leaving his parted lips from her soft actions. An unexpected movement led to him pressing his lips to her cheek softly, an action he had once again see animals in their kingdom perform to show love.

Evelyn halted, frozen in her tracks.

This man was unpredictable. She sensed no real physical threat from him and maybe that was why she was so foolish to follow him here. But there was the unknown factor what she only realized now was a problem to her health and safety. Clearly to Evelyn, Angus has never been around humans for a long, long time so he doesn't know boundaries and morals like the rest of society does. He invades her personal space and also does small actions like the kiss which may be deemed normal for some, but her family raised her to believe against it.

He had no clue what he was doing right or wrong, his actions and behaviors clearly observed from nature as he knew how to appear less intimidating but become dominant when his way wasn't approached.

She looked up at his tall frame, her eyes locked on his once again. He looked puzzled as to why she reacted that way to his sign of affection and felt offended where Evelyn just stood in shock.

"You stay?" He questioned her, worry in his eyes he may be rejected and be forced to protect her by sheer power, something he doesn't want to subside to but will if necessary.

"Will you stay." Evelyn replied, correcting his grammar. If she was going to stay for a small while later and potentially return home with Angus so he can take up a civilized, tame life then he would need the basics in the English language. She was by no means making fun of his punctuation but felt as though she should help him get back to his feet.