Chapter Fourteen

Okay guys, the note after this chapter is kind of important if you don't mind sparing twenty seconds to read it xx

"No." Angus muttered, refusing Evelyn's order to let her go so they could get up and start their day.

"Gus," she laughed, a true laugh from the pit of her belly that had her stomach and cheeks hurting. This had been happening for about ten minutes and secretly Evelyn didn't want to get up either, she just loved how Angus literally pinned her to the mattress with just the sheer weight of his body keeping her down, long hair brushing her shoulder as he nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck.

Every now and then, much to Evelyn's surprise yet absolute bliss, Angus would press a singular sweet kiss to the base of her neck, before muttering something he called English. Between his husky morning voice, half asleep state and making his words mumbled, some things he said were hilarious and completely impossible to decipher.

As much as Evelyn loved lying in bed with Gus, she couldn't help but want to go out. After all, she was only staying here for twelve more days before they had to pack up and leave. Her gut clenched when she thought of the possibilities for when they left; it was either with or without Gus.

The sudden miserable though had Evelyn pulling her arms free of his hold to wrap around his torso. Her head pressed into the crook of his neck, as his was in her neck crook and they just lay in silence enjoying the moment while it lasted.

"Evy okay?" He mumbled, sensing her change in mood. He felt her nod her head before she poked him in the hip.

He grunted, the annoying habit she had but he knew it was from care, a playful gesture so he secretly loved it.

"Okay Gus, we really need to get up." She said.

"No."

"Come on please, I'll find you some cake." The bribery worked. Not even a second later Angus was on his feet while pulling Evelyn to hers in angst to eat this brilliant thing they called chocolate cake. Evelyn laughed as his rough hands intertwined with hers and she was gently but quickly pulled from the bed.

"Oh, I'm so going to make you fat."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Come on Gus, we're going to miss it." Evelyn called to her wild man as he moodily scowled at her. Over the past ten days that had passed, his Evy had grown in her skin and became much more confident around him, calling the shots and bossing him around.

He was happy she was happy while doing so, but not having to do what others say for thirteen years then getting thrown back into it, especially by someone as small, weak and clumsy as his beautiful Evy had irritated him. He was the male, the dominant and the stronger of the two, so shouldn't it be him calling the shots?

He grunted, standing up and looked over at Evelyn his irritation disappearing in a millisecond as he saw the playful glint in her eye and the huge smile gracing her face. Her lips pulled back, very thin but a deep shade of pink which made them look appealing, her eyes so crinkled up they looked small and very squinty. Things people found in the modern society deemed to be ugly or in need of fixing he found beautiful and captivating.

He sighed and lifted an arm out as she came forwards, walking into his embrace. Her cheek pressed flat against his bare chest. He had refused a shirt when Evelyn gave him one that day she bribed him out of bed with cake. He took the shorts so she wouldn't pout but the shirt felt restricting and looked butt ugly to him. His tanned torso was once again on display, but this time instead of being just muscle and bone, a body of a man with his pure life objective being survival, had a small layer of fat due to all the chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, cereal and bread he had been eating. His body, in Evelyn's eyes, is absolutely perfection. The muscle was still very evident but healthier looking.