Chapter Nine

A/N:

So as I've stated, this book is inspired by Tarzan. I, for some reason, have gotten overly excited when I found a picture on the internet of what disney cartoon characters would look like in real life and there was one of Tarzan that I am completly inlove with. I adore this so much. And while looking at some real life Tarzan men, I found this photo.

I'm fan girling so hard right now.

Confession- I keep thinking on how Tarzan looks when I'm writing and I completly forget to say how Angus has facial hair. He does. There's no razors in the jungle.

"So, Gus." Evelyn said slowly, her stomach raging hard with nerves. Like usual, his opinion on personal space was next to none so as she sat on a rock covered in vibrant green moss, Angus sat on the ground right next to her with his broad shoulders occasionally brushing against her knee every now and then.

Evelyn glanced down at him, his long body sprawled on the ground. His legs lay lazily out in front of him, the limbs so long and strong that it has Evelyn swooning. His torso was on full display as usual, the tanned skin having next to no body fat. Evelyn wondered how he was still alive and healthy with his athletic ability from the conditions that he lives in. His strong arms supports his weight and his eyes were closed as his face pointed towards the sun. She loved the moment Angus' shoulder would brush her leg accidently.

"If you like everyone, would you consider staying at the camp?" She felt the nerves bubbling in her stomach and her previous conversation with Mike really stuck with her. Obviously she found Angus attractive, I mean who wouldn't. He wasn't perfect, not even close. He smelt not the greatest from having no cleaning products and his long hair was tangled and dirty. His nose sat slightly to the side, perhaps from a break at one point and some features of his body was incorrect, like the collarbone that jutted up in the wrong position.

However his brown eyes, so caring and such a unique colour infatuated Evelyn to a point where she sometimes found it hard to look away and the tall, fit frame Angus possessed made her swoon. His strong jaw line was so sharp and evident, Evelyn fingers itched to trace the feature. She had always had a thing for jaw lines, and arms. His arms appeared so strong and muscly, like he could lift anything as he proved when he carried her across the bridge and into his hut. His torso had the details of a true endurance athlete. His abs, although there, were not prominent and didn't look like a body builder yet he had the deep v line that trailed off into the small brown cloth that he called suitable everyday attire.

The attraction was merely physical, however she wasn't lying when she said he was smart. His ideas were like those in the cities. Houses, windows, pulleys, bridges, weapons even a cupboard to contain spears was all constructed here. The ideas probably came from his mom and dad but the fact he could expand on them and tried his hardest to communicate with Evelyn made her stomach flutter the both times she was around him.

She did however feel a pity for him. He was here all alone with nobody to talk to for god knows how long and had to suffer the loss of his parents all by himself. Her heart stings tugged at the mere thought and wondered how he could be so sting to continue on.

"Will Evy be there?" He asked, his eyes still closed but his face turned slightly to Evelyn.

"Yes, yes. If you want me to be that is."

"Yes. Please." Angus replied and Evelyn felt over the moon. She knew her dad and could play on his weakness to allow him to share a tent with her, given it was the only tent with room. Since Evelyn was the only girl on this expedition she got a tent to herself with everyone sharing a two man tent, Evelyn has one all to herself.