Chapter Forty One

Read A/N at the end please :)

"Okay, you can't confront her about it, Gus." Evelyn told him sternly. "We'll tell the police who it is and for a good court case, they'll have to investigate and find things like bank transactions and whatever the hell happens with this stuff."

Evelyn felt somewhat disappointed her TV shows only showed the chase of catching people and rarely ever the actual court case. She would have at least some idea then of what they needed.

"Also if you tell her, she'll try and hide everything or cover it up and therefore there will be nothing for police to get."

Angus nodded his head in agreement.

"Secret," Evelyn said again, her fingers twisting together. It was a habit Angus noticed she had. Anytime she was nervous or anxious, her fingers would intertwine with one another in awkward angles, making her skin clench white. He frowned, reaching forwards and placing his large hand on hers, making her eyes dart to his.

"Secret." He confirmed, reassuring her. "Can I go now? I'll be late." Angus' eyes darted down to the time on the dashboard of the car, noting he only had three minutes until his session started.

"Yes, yes. Okay." Evelyn pulled him into her, her lips needily pressing onto his. She felt very nervous about this, very uneasy. She wanted his comforting touch to hopefully ease her. To brace herself, Evelyn placed a hand on his thigh as the kiss deepened, and the groan from Angus snapped her away from him.

"Sorry," she flushed, noting her hand slipped higher then she anticipated.

"No need to apologise," he commented, his voice husky. "I can always stay here with you."

"Get out," Evelyn laughed, pushing him away. With a dramatic, yet heartfelt sigh, Gus unbuckled his seat belt and left with a small wave good bye.

<><><><><><><><><>

"Yes Emily?" Loretta talked into the phone with an annoyed sigh.

"I'm sorry Miss, it's just all the serves are down and Doctor Cameron needs his files for his client." She replied nervously.

So far, Angus' whole session had been interrupted by calls from Emily about the server being down. Loretta had been cursing the fact of ever running her whole business, because in times like these when no one backed up files on paper as instructed, her whole next days were a headache trying to get into the backed up server.

"Emily, I'm in the middle of a session." Loretta hissed, tightly smiling to Angus as he sat there bored yet somewhat curious.

"His patient is Mark Fuller, Miss." Loretta closed her eyes, her hand dragging down her face. She didn't even care she smudged the smallest bit of mascara.

"I'll be right there," she sighed hanging up.

"Angus, I am so sorry." She genuinely apologised. "You can be refunded your money for this session from the amount of interruption. I shouldn't be too long, only five or ten minutes." Angus nodded his head and watched somewhat amused as she practically ran out of the room, or whatever hobbling in those heeled shoes count as. Kind of reminded him on a monkey with a thorn in its foot, he thought amused.

The door was closed behind her with a small bang, and the clip clopping of shoes heading down the corridor slowly faded away. Angus sighed loudly, his arms crossed over his broad chest, legs crossed at the ankles as he looked around the room.