Chapter Thirty One

Angus was furious.

All he had wanted to do was apologize to his Evy but in the end, he had ended up hurting her even more.

He growled, his hand grabbing the first thing near him, a pillow off his couch, and hurled it towards the door with all of his strength. It wasn't enough to release his anger though, he still felt angry. Pillow after pillow was thrown around the room, one smashing into a lamp, sending the light cluttering to the ground. Angus did not care.

His chest was heaving heavily, his breaths jaggered and his vision felt clouded.

"Evy, Evy said you be there for me. At show. You're not going to be there, you can't even look at me." His voice became slightly frantic and, unconsciously he stood taller, asserting more dominance.

Evelyn just stood there, her eyes wide in fright as she looked up at him, cowering backwards. She felt so small, so helpless. His emotions were taking over and she was scared that out of impulse, he would do something bad.

Another pillow was thrown across the room, hitting the side of his television. He didn't care it was now broken, from sponsorship's and programs to help him adapt to the new world, he had a lot of this thing they call money to replace it.

"A-Angus," Evelyn stuttered, taking a step backwards. Her hands were raised in the air in defense, her body on alert as she watched the man who had her heart slowly start to crumble from guilt and frustration.

"Why you scared of Gus?" He demanded. It was then he lunged forwards, tightly gripping her forearm in his large hands and in anger to make sure she didn't leave him. The grip was tight and uncomfortable for Evelyn, the sheer strength in just clutching her wrist was extremely tight. Her hand dropped down, placing itself on top of his hand trying to pry his fingers undone.

"You, you promised." He said loudly. His towering body and booming voice scared Evelyn down to the core. In general circumstances he could control his emotions but dealing with anger and having such little control, it was scary for her.

"I'm so sorry Evy, so sorry. But, me, I don't know what to do!" The words were ringing in her mind and she felt like her head was flying. She couldn't help it when tears of pure fright slipped from her eyes as she stared into the frightening, dark eyes she loved.

Angus yelled in frustration, his foot kicking a small footstool. He watched as the small object rolled across the room, lightly thumping into the couch.

The tears were a wakeup call to Angus. He had been so blinded by his rage, he hadn't seen the look of terror in her eyes. He hadn't noticed the stiff posture, the tearing eyes or the fact that she cowered away to distance themselves.

Angus felt tears of his own forming. Hastily, he wiped it away and stormed into his kitchen, filling up a glass of water in attempt to calm himself down.

'No,' he whispered, his voice cracking. His knees felt weak and he gave into them. There he was, the sharp gravel digging into his knees as he put his head on her stomach showing his submissive side, his grip letting go of her arm until it was loose and hardly there. A bomb of agony and regret exploded inside of him, and he knew he had never felt worse about himself than now.

"Evy," he whispered. "I am so, so sorry." He gently picked up her wrist, slightly red from his grip and placed small kisses on the red area, hoping his gentle touch would ease some of the pain.

Evelyn stood frozen still, her mind blank. The only thing she wanted was Angus, but not in this state. Her breath hitched as she felt a warm drop on her arm as he scatted kisses on the sore skin.