Chapter Twenty Eight

The humid air surrounded Angus as he finally stepped foot into the loud building. His heart was raised slightly in anticipation and awe as the thumping music pounded his ears the dark room illuminated by lights took his fascination. The waiting line to enter the club had been long as the line had slowly progressed towards the front and everyone had been complaining about the cold breeze. Angus however, had found it comforting. It reminded him of his home and the familiar sense of not always being at a constant warm body temperature and the real struggles he went through living alone. He knew the thought was stupid, but it brang a sense of ease to him.

His eyes were wide open, taking everything in as he walked in side by side with Mike into the club, his Evy strolling in only a few feet behind him. The first thing he noticed was the loud bass music, the catchy music instantly arousing his energy levels making his heart race a tiny bit in anticipation and excitement. The second thing he noticed was the sweet, yet sweaty aroma in the room caused from the mass of people littered everywhere.

Towards the middle was a dance floor, huge in Angus opinion but in reality it was just the average cramped dance space. A bar was towards the back of the room, male and female toilets on either end, and standing tables around the edges of the room. There were a few dark corners where Angus could see some moving bodies but he didn't care to try and focus on them and see what they were actually doing. He may be stupid to society still, but he wasn't naive.

There were so many people, all looking slightly similar age but at the same time looking a diversity of appearances. There were tall, short, tanned, blonde, brunette, black, white, Asian, fat and fit people that all shared one thing in common, huge smiles on their faces as they enjoyed their night. It made Angus smile and become even more motivated to begin. All of the males were dressed similar to him; converses and chino shorts with a plain shirt or a button down dress shirt. Whereas the girls ranged from pants and shorts, to dresses and skirts, some caked with makeup and some hardly any. Some outfits were revealing and some were concealed and some, he had to admit, were like his Evy. Showing enough skin to be sexy but hiding enough to keep everyone guessing. Not that he had to, he proudly thought.

"This is the party life man, you'll love it." Mike called over the loud music. He roughly clashed his hand on Angus shoulder in encouragement and led him over to the bar.

Mike wasn't going to lie, he was curious to see Angus drunk. He knew that the over protective bastard had a sense of humor somewhere deep down inside him and a fun side that he had never seen before. It didn't take a genius to know that Evelyn was the only one to see the real Gus as he was always bottled up and cautious. However, Mike knew that just with a bit of alcohol, some music and a good time, Angus would truly become a wild man.

'I'll start you with something easy and we can build you up,' Mike reminded him as they walked towards the bar. The group of eight, Mike, Angus, Evelyn, Mikes significant other Maddie, and a few mates took a seat at the bar and waited.

Angus found it hard to concentrate with the loud music and he sat quietly listening to everyone else, tapping his foot to the heavy bass and holding Evelyn's hand as she talked to Maddie happily.

Ten minutes later, the gang had migrated to a standing table and Angus was on his second raspberry cider and starting to feel overly happy and buzzing. His head was bopping to the music as he yelled a conversation with Mike.

"Want to dance?" Maddie yelled over the music. Angus looked down at Evelyn for an answer and frowned when she shook her head no. "Why not?" Maddie whined with a smile, grabbing Mikes hand and ready to hit the dance floor.