Chapter Eleven

Okay, so I've gotten a few questions about the ages of the characters and thought I'd clear it up.

Angus is currently 26. He was shipwrecked at birth, and lived with his parents on the island until he was 13. After their death, he lived alone by himself for another 13 years before Evelyn comes along :)

I throw a few numbers out there, so it can get confusing but Angus is 26, and Evelyn is 23.
Angus is not 16, he is a full grown man with facial hair (even though I forgot to describe that on him), real muscles (not that tiny thin arms and legs but strong muscular body).
He also remembers some English as that's what his parents spoke, but he is VERY rusty. Once he starts leaning it, it all comes back to him :)

Other than that, enjoy :)

Pre warning guys, I don't understand science. Lots of things I will make up wheather it be from Angus' life style as coconut oil as sunscreen or lab reports in the future from the expiditon will not be correct unless I'm an amazing guess. Although I love the story, I don't think I want to go and google everything haha.

"Need to, ahh," Gus stuttered, his eyebrows dropping and his pink lip being pulled between his teeth as he thought really hard in concentration. He was looking down at Evelyn, but his enticing brown eyes glassed over as Evelyn watched in awe as the man before her concentrated hard so she could understand him. A loose chunk of slightly knotted hair fell in front of his face obscuring a slight bit of his view and Evelyn laughed to herself.

She reached up, her fingers taking in the straw like hair as she stood on her tip toes to tuck it behind his ear. His eyes snapped out of it as he watched her, completely infatuated like always.

"You need to?" Evelyn questioned, feeling slightly guilty that she broke his train of thought. He obviously tied hard to communicate and struggled as he hadn't used the language in a very long time.

"Oh, um. Fix, I need to fix Gus' blades." He said. His voice right now was husky, the words rolling off his tongue sending shivers down Evelyn's spine as she peered up at him. A small smile played on his lips as he almost correctly said a whole sentence properly.

"I can help, if you want me to that is." Evelyn said, mumbling slightly. She felt weird.

Around other people, Evelyn was a shy person who took a while to warm up to others but with Gus she felt confident from his innocence to human society and views. She knew he wouldn't judge her, she knew that no matter what she did Gus would agree with or accept and maybe that's why she felt so happy, comfortable and care free around him, bold even.

"Okay." Gus smiled down on her, happy she was wanting to partake in his lifestyle. "We need things." He mumbled, grabbing her hand and pulling her gently to the door. Evelyn followed, confident in his knowing on where or what they were doing. They didn't leave his small island his hut was on, instead he got her to wait away from the edge as he collected some sturdy yet thin vines draping off the side and down the cliff face. Over the months he had already collected materials to construct and sharpen blades in case of incident like this happen or if it was a faulty weapon that won't do him much good in the wild.

It didn't take long, and then he led her back inside so she wouldn't turn red from the boiling hot sun.

"Evy, you just do this." He mumbled, not confident to explain with words. Bit by bit, Angus slowly demonstrated how to sharpen and use the vines to secure the blade to the handles with Evelyn intently paying attention. It didn't take her long to catch on, however due to the lack of experience she took much longer then Angus to make one, and hers wasn't as sturdy. However the grin on her face showing how proud she was made Angus happy and he didn't want to tell her it would break, so he returned the smile and put it in its own separate pile to remind him not to use that weapon.