Chapter three

"Mom! I'm home!" I shout when I walk into my small cottage. I walk into the kitchen to the fridge and see a note on the counter. I walk over to the brown and white speckled counter and snatch the note off the counter.

Holland, I'll be home at around 10:30, at Marlin's house, dinner is in the fridge

Holland, I'll be home at around 10:30, at Marlin's house, dinner is in the fridge. Love Mom.

I crumple the note up and throw it away. I walk back to the fridge and open the white fridge to see a huge green pan. I took it out of the fridge and kick the door shut. When I take the tin foil off of it I see a cheese and cabbage casserole. My mom is a freak about healthy eating. I sigh. I reluctantly get a plate out of the cupboard and put the slop on my plate. I put it in the microwave for a minute. When the microwave dings I pull the plate out and start to eat it. When I'm done I place the plate and fork in the sink and walk out to the living room and plop down on the white couch and flip on the TV when my phone dings.

Unknown number: Hi is this Holland?

Me: Yes, who is this?

Unknown number: This is Aaliyah

Me: Hi Aaliyah, how are you?

Aaliyah: Good, you?

Me: Good, what's up

Aaliyah: Not much just sitting at home alone.

Me: Really? me too

Aaliyah: Yeah my parents went on a business meeting tonight.

Me: Cool, I'm home alone too.

Aaliyah: Really?

Me: Yeah if you want to you can come over to my house

Aaliyah: Really?

Me: Yeah I'll give you my address and you can come over, if you wanna

Aaliyah: Yeah of course! Where do you live?

Me: 4832 North 4850 West on Wiley street

Aaliyah: Cool I'll be over in a few, see ya

Me: See ya soon.

After I sent the last text I got up and walked to my room. I picked out a T-shirt and jeans and walked to my bathroom hopped in the shower. When I get out I get dressed and comb my hair out. I put cologne and deodorant on. That's when the door bell dings. I walk out of the bathroom and to the front door. When I open it I see a smiling Aaliyah. "Hi Aaliyah, how are you?" I say motioning for her to come in.

"I'm good, you?" She asks walking into my house, and looking around. She starts to take off her long yellow trench coat and I go to help her. I notice that her hand goes up and I duck as she swings at me. I fall to the floor and stand back up. When she turns back around she smiles nervously at me. "I'm so sorry, it's just when boys have helped me with my coat or jacket they have done bad things to me," she says looking down at the ground shyly and looking back up at me. I notice that she is wearing a black hat, black scarf, a black and white striped shirt, black skirt, brown belt, black tights, and grey ankle high boots. She looks pretty.

"Hey its just fine, okay? If that's something that I shouldn't do then I won't do it again," I say nodding my head

"Thanks for understanding, most guys get really upset when I say that and go all 'I was just trying to be a gentleman' or whatever on me. I start to feel guilty a lot of times, but it's just something that I don't really like," she says shrugging and looking back at her feet.

"Hey, its okay!" I say placing my hand on her shoulder. She looks up and smiles.

"I'm so sorry that I am like this it isn't fair, it's just that I'm not used to this," she stops. I must have looked confused because she kept going. "I never have really had anyone that wants to be my friend."

"No way, I don't believe you," I say shaking my head at her. She shrugs and I take my hand off of her shoulder. I could tell that she wanted to get off that topic. "So, what do ya wanna do? I have movies, we can talk, what do ya wanna do?" I ask.

"I don't care, what movies do you have?" She asks. I think for a moment and look at my movie cabinet.

"Go choose one," I say pointing to the cabinet. She walks over to it and starts to look. I hear her laugh. I walk over and look over her shoulder. She's holding Aladdin. She turns around to face me. "Is that what you want to watch?" I ask smiling at her. She nods her head and hands it to me. I walk over to the movie player and pop the disk in. I turn to see her sitting on the couch.  I smile at her and plop down next to her. She turns to face me.

"Can you turn on the closed captioning?" She asks. I smile.

"Yes I can," I say flipping on the closed captioning on. She smiles at me.

"Thank you," she says looking at her hands. When she looks back up I tap her nose.

"You are so welcome," I say as she starts to giggle. "So do you like popcorn?" I ask.

"Yeah I do," she says nodding.

"Okay I'll go make some," I say hopping up and walking to the kitchen. I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and go back out to the living room. I notice that Aaliyah is on her phone and I walk up to her and tap her shoulder.

"Ahhh!" She screams. I laugh and sit down next to her. "And to think, I actually thought you were nice!" She says slapping my arm.

"Aaliyah, are you ticklish?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, why?" she asks curiously. I smirk at her and her eyes get wide. That's when I start to tickle her. She screams and laughs in delight as she tries to get me away from her. I continue to tickle her. That's when I smell something burning I hop up and run to the kitchen. I pull out the bag of popcorn, but luckily it wasn't burned it was just the smell of the popcorn and the casserole mixed I pour the popcorn in a popcorn bowl and walk back out. She was on her phone again. I laugh and throw a piece of popcorn at her and she looks at me. "So you decided not to tickle me this time?" she asks in a snarky voice.

"No I decided to be nice," I say. She rolls her eyes at me.

"You can be nice?" She asks sarcastically. I poke her side.

"Yes I can, but you are making me rethink my decision," I say evily.

"Oh no I'm sooo scared!" she says in mock fear. I laugh and press play on the movie.