Chapter 21

I wake up to my alarm going off. My first day at a new school. I got ready and walked to my kitchen to find my mom sitting at the table. "Good morning, honey," she greets me. I nod at her. I felt very uncomfortable thinking about the thought of going to a new school. I grabbed my black DC backpack and an apple.

"I'm gonna go, mom, I love you," I say kissing her cheek.

"I love you too, have a good day," she replies as I grab my keys. Don't count on it, I think to myself, but nod with a smile plastered on my face. I was not looking forward to this..
-------
I walk out of the office and look at my schedule.

1. Math
2. English
3. Science
4. Lunch
5. American Sign Language
6. Gym
7. Office Aid

Thank goodness that I have gym as one of my last hours and not first. Gym is literally the worst to have first hour. I am also very happy that I still have Office Aid. I walk down the hall to room 201, not bothering to find my locker first, I can do that later. I look down at the paper in my hand to make sure I was positive on where I was going when I ran into someone. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I'm such a moron," I hear someone mumble. I look down to see a girl with cotton candy colored hair and blue eyes.

"No, it's my fault I'm sorry," I apologize bending down to help her gather all of the things that she just dropped

"No, it's my fault I'm sorry," I apologize bending down to help her gather all of the things that she just dropped. I hand her all of the papers and help her up. She straightens her white shirt and looks up at me.

"Who are you?" She questions me.

"Oh I'm Holland-"

"Omg you must be new here! I'm Gracelynn," she introduces herself politely while sticking her hand out. I smile at her and shake her hand.

"How'd you know I was new?" I ask curiously after we stop shaking hands, she laughs and runs her fingers through her hair.

"Oh believe me I know everyone in this school," she says, but I could tell there was another meaning to what she was saying. I nod, deciding not to ask her anything personal.

"Well, Gracelynn, maybe I'll talk to you later," I say nodding me head.

"Yeah definatly," she says before scurrying off the other direction. Hey maybe I would have a friend after all. I walk down the hall and finally find room 201. I slowly open the door and make my way in. I walked to an open desk and sit in it.

"Oh my gosh! Hi Holland!" I hear from behind me. I turn around and see Malory standing behind me. I smile at her, maybe I would have a friend today after all.

"Hi Malory how are you?" I ask.

"I'm good how are you?" She asks. I smile.

"You know just as good as I can be on the first day of a new school, right?" I say half sarcastic.

"Yeah true," she says pausing to think, "Hey listen I'm sorry that I awkwardly ran away from you last night, I felt kind of awkward. I mean you just kind of assumed that I was over there to hit on you..." She stops mid-sentence. I nod.

"Yeah I'm so sorry about that I didn't mean to I guess just a force of habit," I tell her. She nods and sits down in the desk behind me as the bell rang.

"No, it's totally fine Holland, don't even worry about it!" She says happily, "so I saw you talking to Gracelynn a little bit earlier," she says.

"Yeah I did should I be worried about telling her that I have a girlfriend?" I asked. Malory smiles, me knowing that I'm just kidding.

"You know I don't think you have anything to worry about with Gracelynn," she says. I say okay as the teacher walks in and waltzes the the Whiteboard.
-------------------

I walk into the office for last hour.  Happy that it was the ends of the day.  I couldn't wait to go home and do anything else besides this. 

Actually if I'm being completely honest it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. For lunch I hung out with Malory and her huge friend group. We ate Hawaiian pizza from Little Ceasars, which was delicious. I've surprisingly made quite a few friends today, which is nice. 

I walk into the office and see Chase signing out. "Hey bro where are you going?" I ask.

"Oh it's my free hour, so I decided to leave the school. I am dying to get home!" He says after he signs the sign out sheet.

"I know I'd be dying to get out of here too. I will talk to you tomorrow," I say.

"Yeah I' catch you on the flip side bro," he replies to me before he walks out of the office door.

"So you're friends with Chase too?" I hear Gracelynn's voice behind me. I turn around and look at her.

"Yeah I guess he's my buddy, how are you Gracelynn?" I question. She shrugs her shoulders.

"I've been better, I guess, " she says.

"I know same here." I sit down in a black soft Chair by her and the secretary walks out of the back closet.

"Okay guys I will be right back I need to go run these papers to Mrs. Thompson. If the phone rings you need to answer it, okay?"

"Okay, " Gracelyn and I both say at the same time.

"So Holland, I have a question" Gracelynn says as she looks at me.

"Yeah what's up?" I ask.

"Well I was just wondering if you have a girlfriend," She informs me. I look at her curiously.

"Yes I do have a girlfriend, back at home. Sadly she lives an hour and a half away so I don't know how often I will get to see her, why?" I ask.

"I don't know, I was just wondering," she replies. I nod my head.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I ask. She shakes her head slightly.

"No, but I do like someone," she replies. Who I question her. I hear the door chime and Malory walks in and looks directly at Gracelynn. I will go over to Gracelynn and by the look on her face I can tell my question has been answered.