Chapter 24

I walk through my front door and fall on the couch. Today's been a long day full of drama, and personally I'm not the guy who likes drama. I sit up when I noticed my mom is standing right by the couch looking at me in a confused way. "Was it a bad day or a good day Holland?" She asks me. I saw, roll my eyes, and fall back onto the couch.

"It was an interesting day at the least," I say.

"So I'm going to take it as it was a bad day?" She asks.

"Ya a little bit," I sit up, "Mom can I ask you something and you have to be completely unbiased about it," I ask.

"Yeah sure Holl what's up?" She asks.

"If you had a friend and they were a little bit different than you and no one fully accepted their beliefs or what they like and their significant other turns their backs on them when they are at school in front of all their peers, what would you do?" I ask.

"Well I would tell the people to get out of that relationship, because it's not healthy," she says.

"But what if they don't want to listen to you?" I asked.

"Well then Holland I guess they don't want to listen to you there's nothing you can really do about that it's there?" She asks.

"I mean I know, but somehow I don't feel better."

"You're going to have to give me more details than what you gave me," she points out. I nod.

"Okay, so Grace is same sex oriented, and her and one of the popular girls in our school are in a relationship. Well to my dismay today I was walking down the hallway and heard something hit a locker and turned around to see Malory bullying Grace. When I got Grace out of the situation she had a black eye and I'm sure that her back is bruised too, what do I do?" I ask. My mom sat in though for a moment.

"Well, personally, I think you need to go to the pricipal."

"The thing is that it is very unacceptive thing. Grace said that if anyone found out-"

"Then go talk to Malory," I nod. That's a good idea. I tell my mom that I'll be right back and run outside and across the street. I knock on the door and after a few yells the door swings open to reveal Malory.

"Mal, can we talk about earlier today?" Her face falls and she nods. She lets me into her house and leads me up to her room. I look around at her mostly turquoise room.

"I can explain Holl," she takes a shaky breath in, "I have to... I mean if anyone found out about Grace and I they would judge us so hardcore. I can't do that. I need my friends!" She insists, already getting defensive.

"There is no excuse for mental and physical abuse, Malory," I tell her. She gives me a confused look, as if she doesn't know what I mean. "Mal, Grace had a black eye at the end of school, and she was crying," Malory fell onto her bed and put her elbows on her knees and his her eyes with her hands.

"Mal, I'm gonna tell you something. You're going to graduate in about five months and you'll lose all of your friends anyways, but if you and Grace are still together then you'll have her," I tell her. Malory looks up at me and nods.

"Holl, I swear that I had no idea I gave her a black eye, I didn't mean to hurt her! I swear. I would never purposely hurt her!" She defends herself.

"Then why'd you push her into the locker?" I ask. She hides her face once again. "Listen, Malory, I'm not trying to make you the bad guy. I know you could have a great relationship with Grace, but you need to realize popularity isn't worth losing a relationship," I told her. She nods. I sit on her bed by her and give her a hug.

"You know, I really suck at this whole relationship thing...." She says.

"Hey, it'll get better. Just give it time," I tell her.

Hey guys! I'm sorry for the short chapter! There will be another chapter up today sometime!

Love Kennedy