Chapter five Part One

DISCLAIMER! I know the part about Aaliyah talking on the phone is a little confusing, but believe me, it will be explained! I promise! Please be patient! It will be explained in Chap 5 part 2!

Aaliyah left an hour ago, which is when I proceeded to order pizza I dialed Pizza Huts number. "Hi this is Pizza Hut, I'm Katana and I'll be taking your order today, how may I help you?" A girls voice rang across the other line.

"Hi, can I get a large meat lovers pizza?" I ask absentmindedly tapping my finger on the counter as I watched leaves blow off of the trees. Winter is on its way, it'll be here in a matter of months.

"Yes, is that it?!" Katana asks happily, totally oblivious that she had snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yup, that'll be all," I say, grabbing my keys from the counter.

"Ok, can I have your name?"

"Holland," I say walking out of the door.

"Ok that'll be about 15 minutes," she says.

"Okay thanks bye," I say hanging up the phone.

*************

When my mom got home a I was watching Fast and Furious 7 and eating the box of pizza I had ordered 30 minutes ago. "Holland Hunter Boyce! Get that greasy, nasty, disgusting food off of my couch and out of my house!" My mom yells at me when she sees me.

"Yes ma'am," I say standing up, I grab the box of half gone pizza and walk outside and to my garage. I put the box in the fridge, slam it, and walk back inside. That when I hear. "Will you marry me?" Oh my gosh no! They can't get married! They've only been dating for two months! This is too fast! I walk faster to get in there and object, but before I get in there me idea was crushed.

"Yes yes yes!" My mom replies squealing. Well obviously she doesn't agree with my idea. I walk into the living room and see them kissing. On that note I think I'll be going to bed. I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face, and put my retainers in. I walk into my room put my dirty clothes in the hamper and put on sweat pants. I get in bed and right before I fall asleep me mom bursts into my room.

"Holland! Marlin proposed to me!" She yells turning on my lights. I automatically cover my eyes with my blue bed comforter. I groan when the light doesn't automatically go off. How did she not hear me run out of the living room when they were kissing? My mom wasn't taking this silent protest. I knew that it wasn't going to get better anytime soon so I decide to keep ignoring her. She walks over to my bed and uncovers my eyes which makes me cover my eyes with my hands.

"I know you're awake!" She says. I could sense that her hands were on her hips by now and she was standing over me.

"Yes mom?" I ask uncovering and opening up my eyes. To see she was in fact standing over me with her hands over her hips. Her face turns from angry to happy in seconds.

"Marlin proposed to me!" She says smiling. I smile back at her.

"That's great mom," I say wishing that this could have waited until tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but I need sleep.

"Thank you! Oh my gosh I'm so happy! Nothing could ruin this day!" She says, her smile gets even wider. It's so wide I'm surprised it doesn't hurt. She twists her engagement ring and looks down. "I'm going to bed," she says. She looks back up at me and smiles. "I love you," she says walking to the side of my bed and kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight mom I love you too," I say as she walks out of my room, shutting the lights off and shutting the door.

**************************

I wake up to my phone going off. I look at my alarm clock and it's 1:30 in the morning. "Hello?" I say after answering my phone. I wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

"Hi, this is Aaliyah," a girl voice says in a panicked way.

"Hi Lees, what's up?" I ask yawning after I finished my sentence.

"There's someone in my house! The police are on their way. I'm scared!" She says taking a shaky breath in.

"I'll be right there Lees, hold tight," I say "hey do u want me to stay on the line?"

"Yes please," she says I can tell she's crying. I hop out of bed and throw a t-shirt on and moccasins and grab my keys. I quickly and quietly leave my house and leave.