Chapter 9

"Holand! I totally missed you!" She says as she shoves her dirty blonde hair out of her face and smiling at me. Me and Katerina, aka Kat, have been best friends for almost 10 years. We used to hang out all the time but as she got a boyfriend and I became serious about my studies we slowly fell away from each other. She grabs my wrist and pulls me to her bright green bed.

"I missed you too Kitty Kat," I say as she hugs me one more time.

"What brings you to this neck of the woods?" She asks sitting cross cross apple sauce and turning to face me. I turn to face her and smile at the picture of her and Brock, her boyfriend, hanging on her wall. They've made it almost 4 years.

"Well I was adopted," I say awkwardly, "and I met this girl, her name is Aaliyah, she's absolutely spectacular. I found out that she was adopted, and her birth mother is my adoptive mother. To make the long story short her and my mom met and mom wants nothing to do with her." She looks at me thoughtfully. Her eyes were very concentrated. She sighs as she continues to think. She pulls her phone out of her pocket and starts to type away. Next thing I know her phone is ringing.

"Hi baby," Katerina says. "Yeah he is...... I know you are that's why I'm calling you..... Yeah Lees and him...... Haha yeah he lights up when he talks about her.... What do I do to bring Lees and her birth mother back together?...... Okay thanks baby....... Yup tonight at 6:30...... I love you too bye," she finishes her call and smiles at me.

"Let's go," she says grabbing my wrist and pulling me from her bed. I get pulled by a very ecstatic Kat. "Mom, I'll be back at 5:00," she yells whipping the door open and pulling me to my car. She pulls open the drivers seat and hops in. "Passenger seat," she says before pulling the door shut. I nod and walk to my side of the car, hopping in I shut the door and latch my seatbelt up. Kat backs out of her driveway and we start to cruise down the road. We stop in front of Aaliyah's house and Kat flys out of the door and races to the front door. When the door opens I see Aaliyah and she jumps into Kat's arms and embraces her in what looks to be a very tight meaningful hug. As the girls walk they talk using sign language. I never knew Kat could speak sign language. The girls start to laugh as they walk around the truck and to drivers seat and when the door opens and Aaliyah sees me her whole face lights up.

"Holland!" She screams, ouch never doubt the loudness of a deaf girl, I cover my left ear that had just been through some major damage and she smiles. "Sorry about that," she says, quieter this time. I smile at her.

"It's fine," I say as she puts the center console up and slides into the car. She buckles her seat belt up as Kat gets in. As soon as the door is shut we are off to the races. Kat speeds to my house. "What the?" I say as we pull up to my house. There is a cop and an ambulance outside of my house. I unlock the door and hop out of the  truck while it is still moving and bolt to my front door.

"Ma'am are you okay?" A man in a police uniform asks my mom. I look over his shoulder to see that she is wearing a breathing mask. My mom looks very pale, and scared. I look up to see Marlin. He points at me and motions for me to go to him. I walk around all of the officers and the paramedics and over to Marlin. 

"Dude what's up, what the heck happened to my mom?" I ask him looking at my mom as they put her onto a stretcher and taking her outside to the ambulance. They shut the doors and speed away. 

"Man Holland, I'm not sure. I had a feeling I needed to come home so I come home and she was talking on the phone one minute and before I knew it she dropped to the floor cold turkey, and she stopped breathing. I was able to revive her and I called 911. It's a really good thing that I came home when I did, or she would have probably died. I'm sorry man," he says obviously worried about my mom. I put my hand on his shoulder. He runs his hand down his face and shakes his head. He has tears in his eyes and I can't help the feeling of something being completely off. I look at him.

"Marlin, what's wrong. I know that seeing my mom like that would be super worrisome and shake you up a little bit but you are in full fledged tears what's going on?" I ask. He sighs and looks at me.

"Your mother and I were going to talk to you about this together, but since she's on her way to the hospital I'll just tell you now. Holland," he pauses and takes a shaky breath, "your mom is pregnant," he says. I start to get light headed and my vision goes blurry. 

"Holland! Wake up buddy!" I hear Marlin's voice. I open my eyes and see the ceiling above my face. I touch my face to find out that it is completely drenched in water. 

"What in the heck just happened?!" I ask sitting up on the floor and looking at a nervous Marlin. 

"Brace yourself buddy. Your mother is pregnant," he says really quickly.  I laugh.

"You are joking right?" I ask. Marlin laughs.

"No buddy, I'm not joking. You're going to have a baby sibling," he says smiling at me. I laugh humorously. Well every day just keeps getting more and more interesting.