Chapter 8

Genevieve P.O.V

After my daughter walked out of the room and left her breakfast I looked over at Tobias, "See I told you" I said scooping up some of my scrambled egg.

"Well she needs to get over it and choose someone, we need this marriage to allow our kingdom to advance." He said putting down the letters and cutting a small section of toast.

"I know, but no one over the age of 25" I pointed my fork at him.

"Alright, Ill get rid of half of these letters then" Tobias gestured to the letters.

"Good" I smiled and continued eating.

After we had finished I told one of the maids to take up some sandwiches to Isabel. She bowed and left following my instructions.

"Your majesty, duchess Elizabeth is in the drawing room." Another maid said, bowed then left.

"Ill see you at 12 for lunch" I smiled at Tobias then left for the drawing room.
As I entered I saw Elizabeth sitting in one of the single arm chairs.

"Elizabeth" I smiled as the doors behind me closed

She quickly stood up and bowed, "Genevieve"

"How have you been? And Im very sorry if any of the other nights incidents affected you" I pushed my lips together and sat across from Elizabeth.

"Oh its alright, I found it quite funny actually, when I got home that night I couldn't stop laughing. How bad am I" she grinned

"Don't worry, I did the same and Tobias! But I grounded Isabel because it was her idea" I said leaning back in the lounge chair.

"Arhg it was just a bit of fun, no need to ground her." Elizabeth smiled, "I remember the things we used to get up to when we still had our youth"

"Oh don't even go there, I strive to forget!" I laughed and Elizabeth joined.

"They were the days" Elizabeth smiled

"Ill take your advice then, Isabel isn't grounded and Ill let her create memories." I smiled and tucked a hair strand behind my ear.

"Your majesty!" I heard one of the guards say baring into the room.

"What is it?" I frowned standing.

"Isabel is missing" he said

"She's probably with Eric" I waved him off.

"He hasn't seen her either" the guards fave was serious

"Send a search party, go deep into the forest if you have to!" I raised my voice, Where have you gone now. "Im sorry for this but, recently Tobias and I gave word to Isabel that there are suitors for her at Friday nights ball and she had to marry, now I fear shes run away."

Elizabeth held her hand to her chest, "My men will help find her" he frowned then we ran out of the drawing room.

-

-

-

Eric's P.O.V

Angus was gone from the stables and his gate was left open, I grabbed Datch and started heading for the forest.

"Where do you think shes run off to?" Genevieve asked pacing behind me as I got Datch ready to ride.

"I don't know, the forest maybe but she couldn't have of gone far." I said as I mounted Datch, "Ill bring her back"

Genevieve nodded and held her hands over her chest as I kicked Datch and he galloped as fast as his legs could take us. My sword bobbed at my side and my bow and arrows around my chest.
We entered the forest and tree branches scratched our bodies and brushed brushed over our legs.
Below me I saw the forest path, I knew she knew not to go on there. Every russell or loud noise my focus grew straight to it, no bastards are getting in my way. I saw something white hanging from a bush stick, I walked over to it and picked it up, It was cloth, fine cloth at that. Shes been through here. I looked down at the road again and saw a dark brown almost black spot on the dirt road. I pulled on Datch's head and he walked down onto the road. I jumped down off Datch and knelled down to the dark spot. I touched it with my fingers, the colour on my fingers was red. It was blood.
"Bell" I breathed and quickly jumped back on Datch and fled down the road. I followed the tracks of horse hooves and what looked to be like wheels of some kind.
The day was almost coming to an end until I could smell a soft scent of fire. I followed that scent until I reached a some what cleared area with a burnt out fire surround by some rocks. One of the rocks were out of the circle it made.
There were tracks here leading away as well, but I couldn't keeping leading off tracks. I needed something else. As I was turning Datch in circles a white scratch on the lower part of a tree caught my sight. I climbed of Datch and walked over to it, engraved in the trunk read, 'Main Land B,' "B", bell was here, shes heading to the main land. She's probably a day in front of me, I mounted Datch and ran off towards the main land, And I wouldn't stop running until Ive found her.

-

-

-

Isabel P.O.V

I watched the sky the whole day and the only thing that happened was dark clouds forming all around us. There was only a few more hours until sun down, I think.
I felt something small and wet drop onto my forehead, I wiped it with my fingers then more drops started to fall.

"Cover up the carriage!" Kurt instructed and Owen pulled out a plastic sheet then Noah jumped down off behind me and started helping. I glanced over at Kurt who kept a stern eye on me, right now I didn't have anything tying me down to them, no chain, no strong grip.
I took another chance, I turned Angus quickly then bolted. The rain was poring down on us at this time. I looked back and saw the three men rushing around, then I saw a black horse chasing after me.

"Your faster then them Angus!" I yelled gripping onto Angus as much as I could so I didn't fall off.
In a blink of an eye I saw a dark brown string in front of me then I felt my whole body being yanked back. I slid of Angus and hit the wet muddy ground. Angus kept running off into the blurred distance.
"Be safe" I whispered watching Angus.

"Nice try kid! But we told you your ours!" Kurt yelled, I started feeling the ground underneath me moving. I tried sitting up as much as I could hut the rope was around my waist and over my arms.

"There goes a quarter of our money" Owen frowned and grabbed onto my arm pulling me up.

"Don't even think about catching him, he's the fastest horse alive"  I struggled in Owens grip.

"Well in that case, we'll just put more money on you and if you don't sell we get to keep you." Kurt smirked as Noah reattached the carriage to Kurt's horse.
"We move on!" Kurt yelled and the carriage started moving. Owen held his grip on my arm as we walked in the rain, Noah grabbed a rope and tied to the the carriage, he turned to me and tied the rope to both my hands. Owen let go of me and I was yanked by the carriage.
The rain pored harder after every long and tiering minute, what seemed after hours we stopped under some tall thick trees. The rain still hit us but it wasn't as bad as before. Noah tied me to another tree then walked over to the carriage.
I heard my stomach growl as I pulled my legs up to my chest.
The guys started a fire and ate their dinner while I tried to fall asleep