Chapter 26

Eric P.O.V

I scrunched the letter up in my hands then threw it in the bin, "Its a lie" I frowned

"Eric" Bell reached out to me

"They cant be dead" I held in my tears but anger seemed to come out instead.
"Im going for a ride, don't wait up" I turned on my heal and pushed open the office door.
I turned back to Bell and saw tears fall from her eyes, seeing her like this killed me. "Come with me" I held out my hand

"I-I ca" Bell stepped back wiping her tears.

"Isabel, go with him. It will do you good" Felix stepped over to her.

Bell looked back to me then stepped forwards, we walked out together and made out way to the stables. It was dark out but lights lit up the way.

While bell put her riding pants and shoes on, I saddled the horses.
Quietly Bell and I rode out from the castle grounds and made our way to the hills. The moon was full and the stars fairly dim, the ocean beyond the kingdom was shining from the moons light.

Bell and I stayed on our horses for a while watching the scenery.

"I can't believe they're gone" Bell whispered

"I know" I frowned

"What do I do?" Bell asked and I looked over to her, her skin looked soft under the moons light and she never took her eyes off the ocean.

"Wait a few days, if there's news that they are still alive, then good. I-If not make a public announcement"

"What do I do In the mean time?" Bell asked looking over at me

"Normal things, like you have been for the last week and a half" I smiled

"Before I start doing normal things, I want to prey down at the rocks" Bell turned Angus away from me.

"Of corse, we'll get some flowers two" I said walking Dutch next to Angus and Bell smiled at me.

We rode off into town and stopped out the front of a closed florist, I dismounted Dutch and knocked on the florists door. A moment later the door opened to show a woman in a blue robe holding a candle.
I looked back at Bell and saw she was dismounting Angus.

"Sorry to wake you this late, but we would like to buy some of your flowers" I smiled and the woman eyed Bell as she walked closer.

"Princessa" she quickly bowed, "Please come in"

Bell and I walked inside the woman's house and she lit all her candles. Inside she had two wooden rows of flowers.

"They're all so beautiful" Bell smiled looking over the flowers.

"Bell, I didn't bring my coin bag" I dug my hands into my trouser pockets.

"A gift for the princessa" the woman smiled

"I will repay you by the morn" Bell said picking out two roses.

The woman bowed as we left and rode away to the waters edge.
We passed the ships and walked up the ride of the water.
Bell dismounted on a small clear area then tied Angus to a long tree branch. I got off behind her and walked to the lapping waters edge. It was darker out here but the ocean was still illuminated.

Bell and I walked into the water hand in hand each holding a rose. Once we got waist high in the oceans water Bell prayed to the Gods in a mumble of words then we released the Roses off in the water.  

"We are watching your spirit as you now watch our bodies" Bell whispered then I pulled her into a hug.

I grabbed into Bells hand and brought it unto my lips, and I saw that her scar from her adventures with the thieves had almost disappeared.

"Who goes there!" a deep voice from shore yelled.

"Just two prayers Sir" Bell yelled out

"Alright, be on your way soon" the knight yelled out before walking away.

"Why didn't you tell him who you were?" I asked gesturing back to the shore.

"I don't know" Bell shrugged with a smile.

We rode back home cold and wet then we each changed in our own rooms before going to bed.

-

-

-

Bell P.O.V

"Good morning, my Lady. Its a beautiful morning today, not a cloud in the sky" I heard Mini's chirpy voice say then light blinded my eyes. "Breakfast will be ready in 20"

"Morning" I sat up and rubbed under my eyes.

"Shall I pick out a dress for you my Lady?" Mini asked standing at the end of my bed.

"Sure" I smiled swinging my legs over the side of my bed.

Mini walked into my closet while I stretched my arms over my head.
Mini walked out holding a creamy gold dress with a layer of gold lace on top, it had a creamy coloured belt around the waist and gold frills around the neck line and short sleeves.

We walked behind my changing screen and Mini helped me change into the dress. After she brushed through my hair while I dabbed some white power under my eyes to get rid of the dark spots.

"Thanks" I smiled as I headed for the door, "Oh also, please send someone with 6 gold coins to the florist owner"

"Of corse my Lady" mini bowed then I walked out.

A few maids passed me and bowed before continuing on with their duties, I entered the dinning room and the guards closed the doors behind me. I only saw Felix sitting at the table, he quickly stood up when he saw me. I walked down to my chair and he pulled it out for me then sat back down.

"How was your night?" Felix rose an eyebrow. 

"It was pleasant" I smiled, "Did you stay up long?"

"I got ready for bed not long after you left"

"Breakfast is served" the butler said and two maids brought out our food.

"Thanks" I smiled to the maid and she bowed.

"I was going to go for a sail today, would you like to join?" Felix asked while setting his drink down.

"Sounds wonderful" I smiled

"Great" Felix nodded then we both ate all our breakfast and left for the docks.
I grabbed my large black cape and threw it over me, since I went to the tournament the people know what I look like and It could be dangerous. Not that I don't trust my people, my mother always said to take precautions. 

I rode on Sia and Felix rode on Snow, this was the first I rode on Sia since Felix gave her to me after the first time I was on his ship. She was fast but She felt not as fast as Angus.