Chapter 16

I stopped walking and turned to face Felix, He stopped sword length away from me and held one hand up and pointed his sword at me. I moved to the same position, "Good, now lunge" Felix nodded and I lunged my sword at him, "Use your feet to move around, lunge with your feet" I lunged again steeping forward with my feet and Felix swiped his sword in front of him to block mine. "Thats good, now block" he said as he lunged his sword at me and I used the same blocking motion as his. Felix stepped around and I moved with him as we lunged and blocked, Felix used a new move but I quickly blocked it. He smiled and the crew cheered. Felix then came at me fast and I blocked each swing as we danced around the deck. I was in the position to swirl my sword around his and Felix's grip let go and his sword flew to the ground. The crew cheered, "You sure do learn fast" Felix smiled as I picked up his sword and passed it to him.

"Its a gift" I smirked then quickly swung my sword at Felix stepping forward.

"Keep your arms strong" Felix said as he pushed his block harder on my arms. I pushed Felix back then spun around to get speed for my next hit, Felix just blocked it but slipped for my next quick hit, his sword flew from his hands again hitting the ground.

"Your not going easy on me are you?" I smirked picking his sword up again and passing it to Felix.

"I was at first but stopped about 10 seconds in" Felix smiled resting on his sword which was perpendicular to the ground. "How about we try someone new?" He smirked standing up straight then passed a sword to a crew member.

"This is Tomas" Felix smiled then they switched places and straight away Tomas pointed Felix's sword at me. I did the same then we brawled for ages until my sword was knocked out of my hands. "Your right she dose learn fast" Tomas smirked picking up my sword and passing it back to me.

"Yes and I know how to beat you now" I smiled pointing my sword at Tomas. He got into stance then we started to brawl again. The crew cheered and Felix couldn't take his eyes off me the whole time. After what seemed like ages I finally was able to knock Felix's sword out of Tomas hands and I caught it in mid air, after I quickly pointed the tip of my sword at Tomas' neck. He threw his hands up and with wide eyes.

"What a keeper!!" One of the crew members yelled out over the cheering.

I dropped my sword and passed Felix's sword back to Tomas, "You know you just defeated one of the best swordsmen on the 7 seas." Felix smirked then Tomas passed his sword back to him.

"And it was the best defeat I'd ever have" Tomas winked then took a deep bow extending his hand to the side.

"Really?" I smiled, "Thats so cool!"

"Just never thought I'd get beaten by a princess" Tomas rubbed the back of his head.

"You'll get over it soon" a crew member waved Tomas down.

"Right back to work!" Felix yelled and everyone quickly waddled back to their stations.

Tomas walked back over and took my hand in his, he bent down and kissed my knuckles, "It was a pleasure" he said then stood up straight letting go of my hand.

"Anytime" I smiled.

Felix and I walked to the front of the ship and I climbed on the bowsprit. "So tell me about your legends?" I asked looking down at the water. Id never seen it so blue before.

"There are many, which one would you like to hear about?" Felix asked, he was leaning on the short side wall leading up to the bowsprit.  

"How about the one about Athena" I smiled looking around at the side of the wooden mermaid.

"Athena was the most wisest goddess, she was married to a merman named Triton, who was actually her son, but before that she was with Triton Athena was with his father Poseidon but they ended because Poseidon had slept with the beautiful Medusa. A while later Athena and Triton had 7 daughters who now each rule the 7 seas. Athena was said to be tragically killed when a pirate ship lost control and crashed on a lagoon of rocks. The pirates stole all her riches and hung her dead body up on their mast." Felix explained keeping his sight on the horizon, like he was experiencing a bad memory.

"How sad" I frowned, "Wait she married her son?!" I shot at Felix.

"Yes" he laughed, "She only had children with Triton"

"What are their names?" I asked settling down.

"Attina, shes the oldest and rules the Bering Sea. Alana, The Black Sea, Adella, The Mediterranean Sea, Aquata, The Coral Sea, then Arista, The White Sea, Andrina, she rules The Caribbean Sea and then the youngest, Ariel she rules the Red Sea." Felix smiled folding his arms over his chest.

"How do you remember all their names?" I asked shocked

"I have a good memory" Felix smirked

"They must have all been devastated when they saw their mother" I frowned facing the horizon again.

"They were and now all mermaids despise humans, they lurer any lurking sailors which their beautiful charm then when the sailor leans in for a kiss the mermaids are said to pull the sailor down to the bottom depths of the sea and eat their bodies, to the bone"

"How do you know that?" I asked turning back to Felix

"There has been survivors who just made it from the grasps of the mermaids" Felix cracked a smile and turned and leaned over the edge of the ship.

I slid down off the bowsprit and stood next to Felix, "Are you one of those survivors?" I asked but Felix kept his sight on the sea.

"Luckily no, my best mate made it out once but the next time we went sailing he got caught and couldn't get free." Felix frowned ducking his head.

"Im sorry" I said standing awkwardly

"Its okay, that was a long time ago anyway" Felix forced a smile and stood up straight. His body was close to mine and our gaze seemed unbreakable until my stomach turned and grumbled. "How about lunch?" Felix smiled then turned away.

How could I let us get so close! If my stomach didn't turn would we have kissed? What if we did? Thank the gods we didn't. I ran and caught up at Felix who stopped and stood over a large squareish crate laying on the ground. Felix bent down and slid it over to the side, inside showed stairs leading to another room.

"Whats down there?" I asked

"The hold, plus other rooms full of rum and trading goods" Felix smiled

"Rum?" I questioned

"You'll love it" Felix said then gestured for me to go down the stairs, I turned around and started descending the stairs feeling around for my next foot setting. I hit the ground and the room was dark lit by only a few candles, over the far end looked to be another crate. Though in the middle of the room sat a long thin table with a few empty plates and cups sitting around.

"Take a seat" Felix said as he stepped onto the floor, I did so as he got lunch ready. "Try this, its rum" He smiled and held out a cup of dark red kind of brown liquor.

I lifted the cup to my lips and took a sip, "This is good stuff" I smiled and took another sip.

"Don't have to much to quickly or you'll get drunk" Felix smirked and placed a plate in front of me, on the plate was a sandwich, "All we have at the moment" He scratched the back of his head.

"Thanks" I smiled and ate down the whole sandwich.