Chapter 21

"Goodbye" my mother had tears welling up in her eyes as she stood next to my father.

"Be safe" I hugged my mother again then my father. "May the Gods be with you" I rested my hand on my heart.

"And you" my father nodded, then my mother held onto my fathers arm as they walked up the ramp to their ship.

Eric stepped over to me, "So two weeks running the entire town"

"We cant!" I scolded Eric turing to him. "I want to prove to them that I can be responsible"

"Alright then" Eric faced the ship and held his hands behind his back.

"My Lady we should be getting back to he castle now" one of the guards said

I nodded and Eric and I walked back to the castle with three of the most elite guards following behind us.

"So when do you start training?" I asked tucking my hair behind my ear.

"This afternoon" Eric smirked down at me, "Then the knights sword starts Saturday morn"

"Yes, I almost forgot about that, its been ages since we'd have one of those." I smiled, "I wonder who is coming?"

"Im not sure, a few fellas from over seas I think. But this is also the time to be extra cautious, you'll be vulnerable-"

"We'll be fine Eric" I cut him off trying not to sound mean about it. Even though I am worried.

We walked back to the castle and the day felt like it was going really slow.
I was making my way to the kitchen to cook something up for myself and one of the butlers told me that guests where arriving for tonights ball. I had no idea there was a ball on tonight.
Felix went to the ball room to entertain the guests until the rest of us where ready. Seth went to get his clothes from his carriage and Eric waited for me to change.
I picked out a greeny grey dress and black heals, I decided to tie my hair up into a messy bun, with help from Mini. After I quickly prayed some of my rose perfume then headed for the door.

"Cya Mini" I waved goodbye as she started to clean my room up.

"Goodbye my Lady" Mini bowed then I shut the door behind me.

Eric greeted me in the hall with a smirk planted on his face.

"What?" I questioned walking pass him.

"You've got your hair up" he smirked

"I know, something different I suppose" I smiled as Eric stepped over to me and grabbed my hand, he kissed my knuckles.

"You look beautiful" Eric smiled not letting go of my hand, and I didn't want him to.

"Thank you" I could feel heat flush to my cheeks.

"Shall we go?" Eric let go of my hand and held out his arm.
I grabbed hold and nodded, we walked down to the ball room and the doors where open still. The post guard knocked twice on his staff and everyone grew quiet, including the music.
There was a lot of people already here.

"Her majesty, princess Isabel and Sir Eric" the guard yelled out in a deep voice and the crowd bowed.

Eric and i descended the stairs down to the crowd of people and the music grew louder again.

"Isabel dear, its good to see you and you Eric" I heard a woman's voice say, Eric nodded his head then I turned around and saw Duchess Elizabeth and the Duke Author.

"Likewise" I smiled

"It must be exciting to be running the kingdom while your parents are away" Duke Author gave me a friendly wink.

"I hope it will be" I nodded smiling as Duke grabbed my hand and gave it a little shake.

"You have our guards if anything is to go wrong" Duchess bowed

"Thank you, but I'm sure nothing will go wrong" I smiled and looked up at Eric.

"Thats very well dear" Duchess said and the Duke held out his hand to her.

"How about a dance" he smiled down at Duchess and she agreed, they walked off and joined the dancing guests.

"Im surprised there are so many people here" Eric said looking around the ball room, "Even after last times mishaps" he smirked down at me.

"True" I smirked, "But no tricks this time"

"I know, I know, you want to prove to your parents that you can be responsible" Eric held up his hands, "But you cant deny me a dance" he held out his hand and tucked the other behind his back.

I placed my hand in his, "Of course" I smiled and we joined the dancing guests as well.

We danced for a bit until Felix walked over and tapped Eric on the shoulder, Eric handed me over to Felix and I continued to dance with him.

"How did earlier go?" I asked trying to keep up with the beat.

"Very good, after I walked in everyone started pouring in" Felix smiled then spun me around.

"Yeah, I didn't think many people would come since Mother and Father aren't here and for what happened last time" I smiled and Felix frowned

"What happened last time?"

"Uh, well.. Eric and I, um" I stuttered and Felix rose his brow, "Eric and I blew up the cake with gun powder"

Felix let out a small laugh, "How on Earth did I ever meet someone like you Isabel" Felix smiled down at me, "You are like no one I've ever met before"
I blushed and ducked my head, I felt Felix's fingers slide gently under my chin to lift my head, "And in saying that" Felix stopped dancing and the murmuring crowd around us formed a circle around Felix and I. I saw Seth with a young girl smiling at us and Eric was behind the crowd leaning on a pillar.

"Felix?" I asked confused to whats going on.

"Isabel, I know we haven't known each other for long but we talked and met each other half way" Felix rose his voice as he knelt down on one knee and pulled out a little dark blue box, "Will you marry me?" Felix smiled opening the box to show a diamond ring.

My heart dropped and my breathing hitched, "Felix I-" I had to do this for the kingdom and for my parents, "I do" I nodded, my voice sounded like it echoed through the while room, Felix stood up smiling, he took the ring and placed it on my finger.
Everyone cheered and clapped, Felix kissed me on the cheek and I smiled up at him, although I wanted to cry.
I glanced around the room as people started dancing again, my eye caught Eric again and his face was smiling but his eyes were full of tears.
Felix grabbed my hand before i could go to Eric, we danced and the night went on.