Chapter 29

After Eric and I finished breakfast we walked up to the top floor of the castle and out into the balcony that over looks a large open area which was filled with the towns people. Two of the guards blew on the horns and the towns people quietened down.

"Thank you all for coming" I yelled out so all would hear, "After an unfortunate event, your majesty Queen Genevieve and his highness King Tobias has-" I chocked on my words. I felt Eric's hand hold mine and I re-started, "The King and Queen have passed on"
The towns people all started murmuring, "Tomorrow is the great Wedding that will combine two countries into one, a-and on that day, I will take responsibility as your Queen and Lord Felix will be your King" 

The crowed mumbled again then the guard blew three times and the towns people slowly excited the court area.

I looked up to Eric and he pulled me into a tight hug, I glanced to the crowd of people still leaving and saw the florist woman staring up at us. I let go of Eric and kissed three of my fingers looking at the woman then held my hand over my heat. She did the same then Eric and I walked back inside.

"Ill come find you soon, I actually have to wear a uniform now" Eric smirked and walked down the hall opposite to the way I was walking.

"Your majesty, Everyone involved with the wedding is setting all their things up" One of the butlers said

"Yes, I'll be around shortly" I smiled and walked off, I headed to the library because I knew that no would find me in their. I creaked open the door to the library and snuck in, It took me a moment to let everything sink in. Out library was huge. Full of old records, family trees, secrets, journals, stories, legends and artworks. I walked up the stairs and around the corner tucking myself into a spot where no one would see me then I reached up to the shelf and pulled out a book. It was called 'The Prince' by Niccolò Machiavelli. It was recently published around the world, mostly in France.

I was about three quarts into the book when I screamed in shock, Eric had jumped out and scared the living life out of me. I held the book against my chest and started laughing as Eric feel to the ground laughing harder then I was.

"Everyone is looking for you" Eric smiled sitting down on one of the arm chairs.

"I like your 'uniform'" I smirked changing the subject, Eric wore black trousers with silver armour, he only had the pauldron, breastplate, plackart, the fauld and tasset. So mostly armour on his upper arms, chest, stomach and around his upper hips.

"Thanks" Eric smirked then I reached over and pulled out his sword.

It was silver and had specks of gold on the grip and cross guard, also a gold circle inside a silver circle on the pommel.

"New two?" I smiled

"As much as I don't like this Bell, you need to go get pre-ready for tomorrow" Eric frowned standing up.

I slid the book back into the shelf and stood up, "A sword fight first, you and me. Ive been practicing when Felix takes me on his sea trips"

Eric smirked and held his hand out, I gave him back his sword, "Fine"
I grinned as we walked out of the library and down to the soldiers keep. It was lit by candles and torches, along the wall was a whole row of swords and next to that was armour and shields.
"Pick your choice" Eric gestured to the row of silver swords. I picked the one on the very end which I new was my fathers. He never used it much because we were a quiet kingdom, and I'm sure he wont mine me borrowing it. 
My fathers sword was grand, one of the best made on the country. Light weight, yet could cut through a body in a single hit. Eric attached a belt to my waist which was the swords case and I slid the sword in. We walked back out and dogged all the maids looking for me, besides Mini, she saw us and let us be.
Eric and I stood in the court area where the towns people where this morning.
Eric pulled out sword and I kicked off my heals then pulled out my fathers sword. We touched blades and got into position then I took first swing. We fought, defence, attack, defence, attack, plus a few sneaky moves. Eric knocked my sword out of my hands twice and I see why he is my knight in hand. He was really good at this. I noticed in the corner of my eye a few towns people near the entrance of the court. I fought harder with each swing, until finally I swirled my fathers blade around and Eric's sword hit the ground. I pointed my sword at Eric's throat and he held his hands up. "You weren't letting me win were you?" I asked holding the sword pointed at Eric still

"No, I wasn't, I know you like a challenge" Eric smirked and I dropped the blade.
I heard the tows people cheering and I started laughing as Eric picked up his sword. "I guess you can handle yourself pretty well"

"Yes but its still two to one" I said taking another hit on Eric but he blocked it.

"The people" He frowned

"What you shy?" I smirked hitting at Eric again, he fought back but a little harder this time.

I noticed we had caused a bit of a crowd in the court and at the castle steps. I blocked all the people out and focused on Eric, I knew now he wasn't holding back and neither was I.

I noticed a faint spot of smoke behind Eric, I couldn't smell fire, but there was white smoke. I shook it off but noticed it again in that single moment I saw my father smiling at me. I felt his sword fling out of my hands and I fell back onto the ground.

"Father?" I whispered and the smoke vanished

"Bell? Are you okay?" Eric asked holding out his hand to me, I took it and he pulled me up.

"Arh, yeah" I wiped my hands on my dress and felt a tingling pain on my palms. I looked down at my hands and saw that my skin was scratched off and spots of blood started forming.

"That's enough for today, lets get your hands cleaned up" Eric said as he slid my fathers sword into its case which was still around my waist. 

Eric and I walked up to the steps and the maids walked behind us once we were inside. Mini rushed over and placed a damp cloth on my hand, then she moved my other hand on top of the cloth. "Im sorry to break up your fun, but you need to have your dress fitted, my Lady" Mini smiled

I nodded then saw Felix walk down the steps and he wore a worried expression. He looked worried, I haven't seen him since we went out to sea.

I looked back at Eric and he was smiling down at me, I felt warmth rush to my cheeks then I walked away with the maids to get my wedding dress fitted for tomorrow.