Chapter 30

I stood on the stand, three mirrors surround me, my dress looked and fitted perfectly. I tucked a curled strand of my hair behind my ear and one of the maids brought over an old wooden box. She opened it to show white silk surrounding a pair of glorious white heals. She picked up the first heal and held it out, I pulled up my dress and slipped my foot into the shoe. After I slid on the other one another maid brought over my veil, she tucked it into my hair then opened it out over the back of my dress.

"Ive never seen you look so beautiful" I saw Eric in the mirror, he was wearing his best suite but he still had his messy hair.

All the maids left the room and I stepped down from the stand. Eric walked over and grabbed my hand, "Seeing as this is not our wedding, I still want you to have this" Eric pulled out a small white cloth from his pocket. He opened it up to show a small silver ring with two rows of small diamonds.

"Eric" I breathed, and he grabbed my left hand.

"This was the ring, I was going to propose to you with" Eric said sliding the ring into my middle finger.

"It's beautiful" I smiled, I couldn't believe it. Eric was going to marry me if I didn't have an arranged wedding.

"So are you" Eric whispered then I felt his lips kiss mine.

"My Lady," I heard Mini from the door, I looked over and saw her smiling at us, "May I speak out of formalities?"

"Of course" I nodded

"I know this is a huge decision, but I can see you to are in a love so deep nothing can stop it. So I would suggest, In stead of marrying Lord Felix, hand over the kingdom to him. He is a trust worthy fellow, I found that out myself." Mini boldly said

"Our countries will still have an alliance without the marriage" Eric mumbled

"But with that My Lady, you will no longer be the Queen" Mini frowned.

"To be with someone who loves me as much as I love him, is more precious than being a Queen" I smiled up at Eric and he held my hand.

"I will get Felix my Lady" Mini bowed

"No, I got all dressed up I will go out there" I smiled

"Wait, What are you going to say?" Eric asked holding me back

"Um, I'm renouncing the throne, giving it to felix. No wedding" I shrugged

"Scratch the last part" Eric smirked then got down on one knee, "Isabel Rose Ray, Will you do the honours of becoming my bride"

I felt like I had the biggest smile on my face, "Yes"

Eric stood up and lifted me into a hug where we kissed again.
After we walked out hand in hand to the ball room which was filled with people, who stood up when they saw me. I saw Felix at the very end of the isle looking back at me and Eric. Mini moved off to the side and Eric and I walked down the isle. Once I was standing next to Felix everyone sat down and Eric moved off to the side a bit.

"Im so sorry," I whispered, "Ladies and Gentlemen thank you all for joining us today. But on very recent events, I was told about a solution that fits both Felix's and I's needs" I rose my voice

"Whats going on?" Felix frowned

"I Isabel Rose Ray, renounce my position as your Queen" I said and everyone started mumbling, "However, since we need this alliance with Felix's country, I give him the responsibility as your King" I smiled

"What about the wedding?" Felix asked

"There still will be a wedding" I smiled over at Eric and he walked over.

I gently pulled of Felix's ring he proposed to me with hand placed it in his hand, "Find someone who you love and who loves you"  I smiled up at Felix who nodded.

"And who can help run the kingdom" Eric added in.

"Thank you" Felix smiled turning the ring over in his hand

I saw mini in the corner of my eye holding a white square cushion with my fathers crown sitting on it.

I took the priest's book of him and he turned to Mini and picked up the crown placing it on my head. He then to Felix who knelled down in front of him.
The priest spoke in our old kingdom language and took the crown off me and held it over Felix's head. Felix said "I do" after the priest stopped talking and he placed the crown on Felix's head.  Felix stood up and the crowed clapped and cheered "long live the king"

I handed the priest his book and Felix stepped to the side as Eric and I were about to finally get married. The priest opened his book and pulled out a leafy vine then wrapped it around Eric's and I's hands. He spoke in the old kingdoms tongue again and Eric said "I do" then I said "I do" the priest closed his book which was the sign that Eric and I could now kiss, as husband and wife and of course we did. We couldn't stop smiling after we kissed then we paced down the isle as everyone applauded. I took off my shoes and handed them to the closest maid, who bowed. We started running out to the royal gardens, towards the stables. Eric got Angus and Dutch out while I slid on my ridding boots.

Angus and Dutch were already saddled so all Eric and I did was mount them and rode far far away from my no loner needed royal castle.