Chapter 22

After the ball everyone congratulated Felix and I as they left the castle.

"You haven't seen Eric have you?" I whispered to Felix as the last small group of guests bowed and left.

"Sorry no I haven't" Felix frowned down at me.

"Ill go and find him" I smiled and walked out the doors, "Now where to look" I mumbled to myself.

I walked around the long halls of the castle towards the garden, the guards opened the doors for me and I walked out. The warm afternoon sun shone down on me until I felt the sharp coldness of the wind. The garden looked dull and colourless, but the gardeners still tended to its needs.

"Eric?" I yelled out, No response. I walked around to the bench he always sleeps on but it was empty.

I walked around to the stables and saw that the doors were open, and Dutch was tied outside on the post. I walked over and patted Dutch, he wasn't saddled yet besides a blanket over his back. I quietly stepped into the stables and peaked my head around the corner to the room, I saw Eric putting on his riding boots then he walked over and picked up Dutch's saddle from the wooden wall. I turned on my heal back to Dutch then walked around his back holding my arm on his rump as I walk around. I heard the stable doors rattle to a close then Eric's foot steps walk over to Dutch.

"Hey Bell" Eric said placing the saddle over Dutch almost hitting me.

"Awh what! How did you see me?" I frowned helping Eric saddle Dutch.

"Well Dutch may only cover you from your shoulders up but the rest of you is still visible" Eric said buckling up Dutch's girth, I bent over and smiled at Eric as my hair fell around my face.

"So where you going? Better not be riding without me" I smirked and Eric stood up, I walked back around Dutch to Eric, "Where are you going?"

"For a ride, to clear my head" Eric looked down at me then at Dutch.

"Eric I'm sorry" I Ducked my head.

"Its fine Bell" Eric's hand grabbed mine, "Its not your fault"

"But it still happened"  I looked at our hands and saw the Felix gave me.

"Bell-" Eric started but I cut him off.

"No, Eric I wont go through with it" I my grip on Eric's hand grew tighter.

"Bell" Eric breathed and his free hand cupped my cheek, I looked up at him an Eric's lips crashed down on mine.
"Come with me" Eric whispered, His face was still so close to mine.

I smiled, "Okay" and Eric jumped up on Dutch and reached out his hand to me. I grabbed hold and Eric swung me onto the back of Dutch.
We rode away from the castle and onto the grassy  hills. We soon reached out usual sitting spot and I dismounted then Eric, We sat down on the hill that over looked the whole castle and part of the villages.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Eric P.O.V

I laid in the grass and Bell just sat next to me. I was happy that she wasn't going to marry Felix but now I felt like I was being selfish. But at the same time I wanted her to get married, for the kingdom. Why are my feelings for this so confusing! Why do I have to be in love with her, It hurts so bad. Love is pain, I guess.

"Get married" I mumbled and she looked down at me.

"Hah?" Bell questioned raising a brow.

"Get married" I sat up and rested my arms around my legs, my hand holding into my other wrist. "Get married to Felix"

"What?- Eric" Bell's face grew sad, "I don't want to, the only person who I want to marry is you Eric. No one else!" She raised her voice at me, fighting back.

"You need to do it for the kingdom!" I frowned scurrying to my feet.

"No! There must be other ways than marriage to join our kingdoms together" Bell flopped on her back with a thump, and she spread her arms out like wings.

"We could just get Felix's word that our kingdoms are allies" I ran my fingers through my hair then stepped closer to Bell who kept her eyes on the clouds.

"Felix's Word" Bell huffed "Ill talk to him" she sat up and looked over the horizon, she sun still had a few more hours to set but the air was getting cold.

"We should go, winter is almost in full swing" I stepped in front of Bell and held out my hand, she looked up at me and grabbed hold. I pulled her up then we set off for home.

-

-

A few days past Seth left to home, Eric spent most of his time training and I just couldn't bring myself to talk to Felix about the wedding.
I wish mum and dad where here, although they wouldn't stop the wedding.

"Excuse me my Lady" I heard one of the butlers say from the door.

I looked up from my book, i was reading about our family tree to see if everyone was in fact a royal, and they were. "Yes?" I questioned

"There are some letters for you to sign" he said holding out a small handful of letters.

"Sure" I smiled and waved the butler over. He placed the letters next to my book as I closed it. I looked over all four letters which were just trading letters. I grabbed the quill from the small jar of ink and folded out the first letter so I could sign it. The butler melted some red wax next to my signatures after I wrote them then I stamped our kingdoms crest into the wax.

"Thank you my Lady" the butler said as he left the room holding the letters.

I opened my book again and flipped to the page I was up to. My eyes widened and my hopes lifted as I saw that the very first couple of our royal lineage around the 4th century BC, that the Lady was only farmer and the man was Prince from the other side of the country.

"This is perfect! I can use this" I whispered to myself. I picked the book up and held my finger on the page as I quickly walked back to my room.
As I entered I saw Mini putting new sheets on my bed.

"My Lady" she quickly bowed and continued

"Guess what!" I couldn't help but grin as I tapped the corner of the book on my dressing table.

"What my Lady?" Mini asked as she fluffed my pillows

"Did you know that the very first couple of the royal line was only half royal" I smirked

"Half royal?" Mini frowned confused

"The lady she wasn't of royal blood, she was just a farmer and the man was from a very wealthy family which I guess made him a prince"

"Is that good news?" Mini asked walking over to me.

"Yes! Because when mother and father get back, I can show them that the very first royal couple wasn't all royal then they could give me a chance with Eric!"