Chapter 11 | The Return of Dave

"Good Morning, Sir." Dave said, standing above me. "WHOA!" I shouted, jumping out of my bed and rubbing my eyes, obviously surprised. "You're up and running already?" I asked him, trying to get out of bed. "Yes, sir. Leo fixed me and I am now fully charged." Dave replied. "Quit calling me sir, tin man." I said, smiling. "How's it rollin' yo?" It asked me. I laughed. "Remind me never to ask you for jokes, slick." I said, walking to the other end of the room. "And remember, never enter my room without asking for permission, yeah?" I said. "That's not something which is a part of my protocol, slick." It said, emphasizing on the word slick.

"Remember this, slick. I'm going to dismantle you, the minute we're done with this mission. " I said, clearly vexed up. But deep down, I liked his attitude, well, if robots have one. "I bet on that one, cap. You'll definitely take my hand in marriage in a few days!" It said. "Quit talking and go to the bridge. Ask Leo whether he has anything to tell me about. And go make some lip-smacking coffee, slick. Let's see if you have skills in cooking." I ordered. "Aye aye captain. Your wish is my command" it said, walking away.

I was walking towards the bridge when I saw Anna walk towards me donning a huge smile on her face - her coffee brown eyes catching my gaze. She was always quite the beauty but seeing her up close today made me lose my words. She grinned wider as she got close to me taking my breath away. "Met Dave?", She asks, breaking my trance. " Oh yeah," I mutter looking away, trying to hide my blush. " Cute, isn't he? " "If you take it that way, yes," I replied, smiling at her. It took only a second for me to notice the hazel flecks that glinted mischievously denying secrets she kept. "Leo's waiting at the bridge," She reminds me, " He has something to say.""Come on then. Let's hear what the kid has to say," I say, brushing away the spark that I felt. A spark of hope for something between her and I. 

---

Please vote if you like the story! Follow for updates! Constructive Criticism appreciated!

A huge thanks to Ms_Exquisite  for helping me out with this chapter :)