Chapter 37

"I want my crew back. I don't know what you're going to do." I told Montwik, who was still shocked by the sudden turn of events. "Rithvik, you have to trust me, I will do everything in my power to get your crew back." He replied. "It's obvious that the information of what's happening here has leaked." Profus said, looking at Montwik. "I guess I know how that happened." Montwik said. I knew what his explanation would be, that would be the only logical solution. "Schrotanic, his body has been taken over by people loyal to the kenjah. They just kept extracting the information. He was right there when I was telling you about the day we would attack. I was such a fool to not see this coming." Montwik said. "This makes sense." Profus said. " Of course it does. Your technology is being used against you." I said, looking at Montwik. "We can't let them bring us down." Montwik said. 

" We have twelve days before humanity is wiped clean from this universe, or all the universes to be precise." I reminded Montwik. "Yeah, I've been keeping track of it too. And profus, launch a search party for the missing jet. I want you to send out orders to all bases under our control to get ready for battle. Tell them what we're up against. Make sure there aren't any more spies nor any more people controlled by the kenjah's people." Montwik said to Profus. "I want all jets which are stationed here to return immediately. I want all bases on lockdown. No one gets out and no one enters. It's either us or them." He continued. "Sure." Profus replied. "I'll get the message out to all the bases." He continued.

--

"What do we do now?" I asked Montwik. Montwik, Profus, the various mission heads , my crew except the ones that are missing and I were assembled in the conference room. "We need our defences to be on high alert for starters. It's high time the we have the mission heads and the head of the Crux Army here with us. This is a joint mission as all of us are aware." Montwik replied. "I have already sent out the message to the Crux Army, we can expect Chlod to be here in under an hour. He's bringing along with him the mission heads and he says that he has a plan ready. I've already updated him about the entire situation." Profus replied. "Who's Chlod?" Reneesh asked Montwik. "The head of the Crux Army." He replied. "Now about what is to be done with Schrotanic. His mere presence in this base is a threat to our mission." Montwik said. "It's better we kill him. None of the non-violence now, Rithvik, with all due respect. We just can't afford to risk our mission for one life, the life of a killer." Profus said. "Wait." A man in a suit said, raising his hand up. "Yes?" Montwik said. "For those who don't know me, I'm Gofr, I am representing the research and development wing of the Vortex Amry. Our wing helped developed the technology being used now to control other bodies. I think we may have a way to help you guys." He continued. "Good help you did by developing the stuff." Reneesh muttered. Profus glared at Reneesh and then turned to Gofr, "what can you do for us?" He asked. "We have been working on ways to reverse the entire process. I think we may be able to reverse the process, give us a chance to hack their systems, leaving them vulnerable to attack." He said. "Wonderful!" Montwik exclaimed, a smile creeping through his face. "By when can you get this done?" Profus asked Gofr. "We are very close to discovering the weakness of the codes. But we have another short term help we can provide you with." He replied. "And what's that?" Montwik asked, leaning towards the table. "We have a way to block the instructions from reaching Schrotanic's body and to prevent his body from sending out information." He said. "I love you for this." Montwik said, still smiling. 

"Well sir.. it's our duty." Gofr started just as his voice was interrupted by the close opening. A well built man, with a military uniform walked into the room, with guards on either side. "Welcome to the base, Chlod." Montwik said, standing up. All of us followed suit. "It's been a long ride. I heard that things are getting worse by each passing minute." He said, sitting down. "Not exactly. We have had good information just now." Montwik said, repeating what Gofr just said to us a few minutes go. "That's great." Chlod exclaimed. He then looked at me and said "Pleasure meeting you, Captain. You're safe with us. Together we can win this war." He said. "What about that missing jet?" He asked Montwik. "Any information on that yet?" He asked. "Unfortunately, no." Montwik replied. " Our teams are still searching for it." He said.

-----
Thanks for reading!
Please vote if you liked it and let me know your suggestions!
Constructive Criticism Appreciated!
-Rithvik/LPS21