Chapter 63 | -

"Activate the device!" George yelled over the crowd. The scene before me was that of utter chaos. Just as George yelled out the words unleash hell, all the members of the crowd went berserk. People caught hold of their nearest Kenjah soldier and started beating them to pulp. "The device is activated!" Holder replied. "Let's get to Warrior Three!" Aditya said, as he led Holder towards the docking pad. "What now?" I asked George. "What's happening in Prometheus Three?" I asked him. "If all went well, almost the same we have going on here." He replied. The Human Peacekeeping Force soldiers as well as the Vortex soldiers formed a circle around us. All the guards of the Kenjah's Army in the Square were either tied up, or were lying in a pool of blood on the floor. We could hear occasional gunfire from outside, but other than that, none of the Kenjah Amry's soldiers made an attempt at entering the Square. The Square was ours.

 "Let's go." I said to George as I walked towards the exit of the Square. "Where are you going?" He asked me. "Outside? To help?" I replied, raising my eyebrows. "We've got enough people to take care of that. Our men most probably are very close to taking control of the primary weapon room." He replied. "And how many of them have combat experience?" I asked George. "A couple." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. "Could you be a little more specific, George?" I asked him, a bit shocked to know that he never intended on participating in the struggle. This was something he could learn from Montwik, who was ready to help his fellow people out in during any kind of trouble. "Probably twenty? About a thousand HPF soldiers are imprisoned in the prison downstairs. We will set them free as early as possible." George replied. "You've got to be kidding me." I replied, as I looked at Reneesh. "He's right." Reneesh said. "Twenty people is pathetic." He replied. "You've got just thousand odd guards?" I asked him. "There are three thousand on Prometheus Three. It's mainly officials in Prometheus One, we don't need a lot of guards." HE replied. "How many people do we have on both the ships, George?" I asked him. "About seventy thousand on Prometheus One and ninety thousand on Prometheus Three." He replied. "Wait, THAT'S IT?" I asked him, shocked. "I heard there were atleast three million together." I said. "We did until Prometheus Two crashed, and an epidemic spread through both the ships. We lost a lot of lives by the time we could contain it." He replied. "Alright, back to where we were. Reneesh and I, along with the Vortex soldiers are going to go out there and help take back the ship." I said. "Your call. Take one of my soldiers with you. They know the directions around the ship." George replied. I took one look around the Square. There were a lot of people who were rushing out of the Square to help the others take back the ship, but once the element of surprise is done, our advantage of numbers wouldn't cut it. We needed trained personnel in there to accomplish this task. "Let's go." I said. Reneesh and the other soldiers followed me towards the exit. "Be careful!" George called from behind. "You too!" I replied. As we were just about to step out of the Square, a badly injured Sakr, with a broken nose and swollen eyes, appeared out of nowhere and pointed his gun at us. "Don't..mo...ve." He managed to say, with blood spraying out with each word he tried to say. "Seriously, Sakr?" I asked him. "I mean, look at yourself." I continue. "DON'T TALK!" He shouted, after which we went into an uncontrollable fit of cough. One of our soldiers swiftly kicked the gun out of his hand and picked it up. Sakr collapsed onto the ground and tried to get up, but his injuries were too much for his body to take.This is why we needed combat trained soldiers fighting. No ordinary man could have done it so quickly and with that much accuracy. It came into my mind that Sakr, just like Schrotanic, was another brainwashed soldier and didn't deserve this. "Do yourself a favour." Reneesh said, as he bent down and helped Sakr up. "End this thing. We will think about sparing your life." he continued. "It is way out of my control now." Sakr replied, his voice barely audible. The hoots and the yells behind us had subsided but Sakr was too weak to speak properly. "The comms are all down, probably taken out by Holder. Even if I could speak to my soldiers, I cannot stop this. They are too loyal to the Kenjah." He said. "Aren't you loyal?" I asked him. "How can I not be, when he has the axe over my family?" Sakr replied. It pained me to hear how many soldiers were fighting this war for the safeties of their families. It seemed that almost all the soldiers holding important posts had their families threatened by the Kenjah. It was a back up option, just in case their loyalties faltered. I looked at Sakr and I could see the pain in his eyes. "Come with us." I said, as I pulled out a pair of handcuffs. "Holder wouldn't like this." A soldier told me. "And why is that?" I asked her. "They have a history." She replied. "I could figure than one out. What is the history?" I asked. "That's not something for you to know. It is personal." She replied. "Then how do you know it?" I asked her. "I know it because I am the one he trusts." She replied." But we have more important stuff to deal with than talking about other people's lives." She said. "Sakr is coming and that is final." I said. "I can't." Sakr replied, trying his best to stand up on his feet. "And why not?" I asked him. "Because Holder is my half-brother." Sakr replied. Sakr had the eyes of half a dozen people staring at him in shock. "You're related to Captain Holder?" A soldier asked him. "Yes. My mom, his mom too, cheated on his dad and used to live with my dad. Holder was the one who figured it out and he was infuriated. He first tried to keep it from his dad, but his dad eventually got to know and he committed suicide because he couldn't take it anymore. My mom moved in with my dad and Holder was not welcome. He lived in loneliness until he joined the Vortex Army and eventually made it to the Kenjah's personal security cover. He then got married and has a child too. Two years old." Sakr said. I was shocked. "His wife and his child were taken hostage by the Kenjah too. His soldiers caught them when they were trying to get away from the Capitol City. They were under my watch until I was reassigned here. I tried taking good care of them. Turns out Holder never mentioned them about me. I never told them I was related to him too, I didn't want to make things worse. He always hated me because he thought his mom, my mom, chose me over him. And once I joined the Kenjah's forces, he just had one more reason to hate me." He finished. "Shit. That is messed up." Reneesh replied. "You will die if we leave you here, Sakr." I said to him. Even though he was from the Kenjah's army, I felt sympathy for him. After all, he was just another brainwashed soldier, who was forced to fight for the Kenjah. "You hate us humans?" I asked him. "We don't hate you. Even the Kenjah doesn't. We just consider you beneath us, someone who have no right to question us. You questioned us, and we are showing you hell. Atleast, we were. It's almost done now." He replied. "And about me dying, I'd rather take my chances here than with Holder." He replied. "Your call." I said, as we made our way towards the fight. 

There was blood on the floor. And a few bodies of both humans and Kenjah's soldiers. Most of the human bodies had bullets in them, whereas only of few on the other side had them. Seems some of the humans got their hands on guns as well. Meanwhile, we just had one gun with us, and as per what the HPF soldier told us, the fighting would be just a few seconds out from where we were now. If I concentrated, I could hear the howls and the yells coming from the other end of the corridor. Suddenly, from the other end of the corridor, came a man running towards us. Reneesh gasped as he looked at him and I knew why. He looked just like me, just a lot lot older than I was. 

I was looking at Naveen, my brother. 

***