Chapter 53

"Total bullshit. I am not buying this." Konrad said, his face red with anger. "Are you telling me that whatever Leo had in his head, the both of us have it now too? I don't feel a thing!" He said, standing up, looking at Holder. "I am not saying that they have injected it into you. All I'm saying is there is a good possibility they did." He replied, staring at Konrad and then at Anna. "I'm sorry, both of you, I know this might be a shock for the both of you, but you needed to know this." He continued. "Is there anyway of making sure whether they have it in them or not?" I asked him. "Last I heard, Gofr's team came up with some sort of machine that could detect the presence of the chip inside the body. Gofr's team was aware of this latest development as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if he machine can detect the nano chips as well. But stating the obvious, Gofr isn't here and neither is his machine. So, at present, there is now way of finding out whether it is in them or not except for when they actually take control of their bodies which we all know is not good. "What do we do now? If they have it in them, then the Kenjah will hear and see whatever we are planning or doing. Right?" Reneesh asked Holder. "That would be a good point." Holder said. "What if the both of us just go to the far end of the room and just sit there while you guys discuss about stuff." Anna said, sniffing. "That would mean they would guess that we guessed about it, but if they are listening in right now, that means they already know we know, so that wouldn't make a huge difference. And coming to the most important point, we don't have much to discuss, do we?" Holder said. "That's right. We don't have anything important we need to discuss about. Our rescue mission was a trap since the beginning." I replied. "Agreed." A soldier said from across the room. 

All of us were leaning our backs against the wall. Holder was sitting right next me and on the other side Anna was leaning on my shoulder and sleeping. "Montwik once mentioned that anything below Level Thirty was related to the fourth dimensional power of your civilization. Is that right?" I asked Holder, Montwik's words returning to my head. "That's right." Holder replied. "How deep is this thing and what exactly is in here?" I asked him. "This whole base is one hundred and fifty levels deep. Everything below level minus thirty is related to the fourth dimensional magic as most people would like to call it. All the research, all the equipment, everything is in here. Massive reserves of Negative Matter exists on the lowest floors. Other than that, I do not know. Montwik would and so would Gofr." Holder replied. "So that means, you can destroy and create planets from here?" I asked him. "You could create wormholes into different universes from here, Rithvik." He replied. "And Montwik once told me we were in the future, is that true?" I asked him. "That is a tough question to answer. It is not like you have traveled through time. But time here is not like the time back in your universe. Relatively, time here runs faster, way faster. So technically, when you look at this universe from yours, time runs like way way faster than yours. That means, when you go back to your universe now, decades would have passed by. And you haven't been here even for a year. So when you go back to your universe, you technically are in the future. You come here and go back again, you've definitely traveled through time." He replied. "Interesting." I replied. "But how did you end up here? With these god like powers and in this universe?" I asked him. "That, I am not fully aware of. That is something only people like Montwik and the Kenjah would know. What we learn here starts from when we arrived on this planet. Not before that. But from what I've heard, things were bad before this. Some people say it was apocalypse. You should ask someone like Montwik about it." He replied. "I would have, if not for his betrayal." I replied. "You can't brand him a betrayer. Always listen to both sides of the coin, Rithvik. Don't judge people without hearing what they have to say. You sure know Schrotanic. He fought for what he believed was right. He was a very kind person, always ready to help people and never backing down from a fight. He sacrificed a lot and that is the reason he was where he was. But he was brainwashed into thinking a wrong was the right. He was brainwashed by the Kenjah. And in the end, the Kenjah ended up making him suffer and die. In spite of all his bad deeds, I still respect him, Rithvik. You didn't know him, I did. We used to be best friends since high school. We trained in the same base and shared the same cabin for years. But he was transferred to the Base One and I was stationed in the Kenjah's palace. After I learnt about his ideology and when we supported the Kenjah with his idea to end the human race out of existence, I tried my best to talk him out of it. But it was too late. He changed. And after the first ship of yours came into this universe, his hatred towards your race grew. All your ships came here in very short intervals due to the time difference and Montwik stopped Schrotanic from shooting down your ship the moment you guys entered." Holder said. I was listening to him with keen interest. Anna mumbled something in her sleep and grabbed my arm tighter as she slept. "You have a family, Holder?" I asked him. "My parents died when I was a kid. My brother was executed by the Kenjah when we didn't obey him when he ordered him to execute a person from another race. My wife and my children are living underground on this planet. I tried my best that the Kenkaj wouldn't know they were here." He replied. "Why couldn't you take them back to the base?" I asked him. "If I attempted to try something like that, the Kenjah would definitely know, and the results would be disastrous. He'd kill my family. They're all I have left." He replied. "By now, there wouldn't be anyone I know left back on Earth, Holder. It's tough getting on terms with that, you know? I knew that there was always a possibility I wouldn't return, but being alive now and knowing everyone I knew back there is dead, it's a different feeling."  I replied. "But now we're stuck here, and I'm running out of time." I said, shaking my head. 

They took our watches too. I couldn't keep track of time. Maybe a day went by, or two. None of us talked about anything important, and as already pointed out, there was nothing important to talk about as well. Two guards outside handed us food and water at regular intervals to keep us from starving to death. Holder informed me that the only way the Kenjah kills his enemies is shooting them at the back of their heads and that they would never let them die in any other way possible. Suddenly, the door at the end of the hall hissed open, but it wasn't for food, as we just got it a few minutes ago. "Well well well, look who we have here again!" we heard the Kenjah's voice, followed by a laugh.

I saw Montwik and Gofr along with a dozen soldiers walking in, surrounded by the Kenjah's men. They walked into an ambush, just like us. 

***

Here's another update! 

As always, Vote if you like it! Constructive Criticism is always appreciated!